working hangover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

working hangover

how many times do i say it/ no drinking on work nights.. If i got hit by a car i wouldn't go stand in traffic again..but ..having those drinks and escaping into relaxation always wins..now off to work i go feeling like crap.. foggy headed.. depressed..craving food and sugar to help me make it thru the day

working hangover

Hi ccarpenter, I have walked in your shoes many times. Alcohol is the most cunning of foes to fight for sure. For me, the only way I have seen any success is to go af altogether. I can't seem to succeed at any moderation technique. The great thing about being af - no hangovers.
    Hill
    Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

working hangover

ccarpenter.. sorry to hear you feel so rotten today.. remember how you feel though, as motivation against the AL beast.. there are other ways you can learn to relax on work nights.. try meditation, yoga or just reading a good book.. its so nice to wake up with a clear head in the morning.. i dont drink at all during the week anymore.. but weekends are my downfall! but im trying to stop that too.. Al does not do anything for your mind or your body.. i hope you feel better soon..
      Katie x
      "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

working hangover

Carpenter, been where you are at today so many times. Swearing over and over again, never again. Try posting on here, reading lots, doing other things after work to get over this. Get your life back.
        AF since April 19, 2010
        NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
        -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

working hangover

Oh Carpenter. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I cannot count the times I went to work in that miserable place, just praying to God not to freak out with a panic attack and all the other crap.

Perhaps now is the time to make some SERIOUS changes?? Were all here for you, I pray you make it through the day my friend! Its So not worth it!
          I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

working hangover

Hi CCarpenter,
            I also can't count the times I came to work extremely hungover or slightly drunk. Hoping not to throw up in my office, having hot flashes, palpitating heart, trying not to pass out....ugh. Just the thought of those days is enough to keep me AF now. Remember how you feel right now. I'm glad you are here, reading and posting, that a good step in the right direction. Try to keep yourself busy the first few nights, it WILL get easier. Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress!
            :l
            K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

working hangover

Ooh Ccarpenter - it feels rotten doesn't it! Come on back, decide what you are doing this evening after work, make a plan and stick to it - then when the evil voice comes calling you know what you have planned to do.
              Molly
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

working hangover

Hi Ccarpenter, I was in your place last Friday on a day I had a very important meeting - boy oh boy I never want to be there again - I managed to scrape through it by the skin of my teeth and I am looking at it as though I have used my last life line to keeping a job!! Hope your feeling better :l
                Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

working hangover

I use to be terrible with going to work with a hangover. I was working only a 4hr day and it seemed like the day lasted 10hrs.

One morning I went in and I arrived late and you get the usual smart alec comment about 'heavy night was it?' Someone pushed me messing around and I was still swaying, I was scared to breath on anybody even when out in the fresh air.

Hate the feeling of dried eyes,skin,mouth and a headache.
                  Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down - Eat Them Alive

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

Working...
                  X