Not 3 days = Loser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not 3 days = Loser

I'm sorry. I have not met my 21 day goal. I drank. I feel so guilty. I couldn't make it. I knew this weekend would be hard. I just went on vacation today and DH's drinking nephew is spending the weekend. They are all sitting around the fire drinking & I did too. I feel there will be some salvation if I end it now after 2 glasses of wine, but I want to go downstairs & have more. I took kudzu & LGlut. There is no more wine, but they have beer & rum free flowing. I don't really like that though. I couldn't make it 3 days. I feel like such a loser.

Not 3 days = Loser

hiya xwino

first of all, don't apologise to anyone except yourself.

second, don't call yourself a loser. you are not a loser, you are someone reaching out for help and that takes balls! self loathing is what steers us to drink. look at the positives. you conciously took your kuzdu and l- glut, you posted here, you aren't justifying your behaviour or making excuses (maybe the nephew thing was a small one). did you stop after the 2 wines? sounds like you at least kept some control? a popular saying round here at the mo is: 'you only fail when you stop trying.' and you're still here so you're still trying right?

get up dust yourself off, call it one slip and get a plan to protect yourself for the rest of the weekend. remember this is coming from the lady who went on a weekend vacation last week and drank silly! i'm now on day 4 again. come on babes, pull it back xxx:l

we can do this TOGETHER XX
    The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Not 3 days = Loser

Just keep on trying you WILL get there. Perhaps read some One Day at a Time stuff as it sounds as if you are doing what many of us do, and that is look at the big picture too much. With AL it's being sober right now, today, this hour, this minute that is much more important.

Comment

Not 3 days = Loser

You WILL get there - wanting to is half the battle.

Good Luck

QQ
        Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Comment

Not 3 days = Loser

Hey. Don't beat yourself up about it. You'll only make yourself feel worse, and you don't need that. I'm on day 4today. I was on day 6 last week. So i've had slips. We all have. The important thing now is to get your plan together and get back on the road to sobriety UkBlonde is right. Only see not drinkin for today, or for this hour. Don't look at the big picture of never ever drinkin again. It freaks people out. And stop lookin at alcohol as somethin you're bein deprived of. Alcohol is not your friend. Be grateful instead that alcohol is no longer destroyin your life and your soul. Keep it up and don't lose faith or hope Hava great weekend now
          Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
          AF since 04th May 2010
          Fell overboard on the 8th July!
          My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
          :crazymonkey:

Comment

Not 3 days = Loser

x think about this

if you had a beautiful bouquet of flowers and one of the flowers was dead, would you throw away the whole bunch?

no you'd take away the bad flower, discard it and enjoy the rest of the good ones.

don't let one bad night lead to many.

one slip doesnt mean a failure. just discard it like that dead flower.

gw x
            The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

Comment

Not 3 days = Loser

xwino.. at least you were aware of your drinking. sounds like it was a tough situation... the kind that makes you want to drink, the kind that im still avoiding till im stronger. you slipped, you're not the first you wont be the last. the important thing is to get back on board and kick the ass out of AL
              Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
              Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Not 3 days = Loser

Xwino, I agree with all of the above, like UKB says (and its not a cliche) ODAT and so often its a minute an hour at a time at the beginning. It doesn't matter about tomorrow, just get that plan for the rest of the weekend and by Monday you will feel really proud if you can turn it around from here. Look we're all in the same boat and like Spud, I try/tried? to avoid those trigger situations to the best of my ability - doesn't always work but thats where determination comes in!! Cheer up and look forward not back, good luck with the rest of the hol
                Molly
                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Not 3 days = Loser

Xwino
                  Please don't be so hard on yourself, you've made the hardest decision to give up/moderate and that's a start, you've done a couple of days and that's brilliant. You're on vacation, people do drink and have fun on vacation so think of it like that...you're normal, just like all those people sitting round the fire, enjoying each others company and a drink or two.... so keep taking the meds, enjoy your vacation and keep focused....

.... and I love the quote about the bunch of flowers.... so true, chuck out the dead flower and enjoy the rest...Happy Holiday xx:H

Comment

Not 3 days = Loser

Thanks everyone. I did manage to keep it to two glasses, but hate that I felt, knew I had better just go to bed or I would be reaching for more. We are entertaining like this the entire weekend and my husband said earlier this week that it wouldn't be a good weekend/week to start this since we would have guests over that drink and we are going to be on vacation. He feels I should just cut back, but if I could do that, I would have already done so. I'm a binge drinker and (a lot of times) once I start I keep going. I don't know what gives me the strenght to control it sometimes and other times go off the deep end, but because of the lack of control, I feel its better for me to stop all together.

Comment

Not 3 days = Loser

My friends keep telling me to cut down but it doesn't work for me. Iv been af for 16 days now n they treat me like a spoil sport but I kno what works for me anyway they should be happy I'm not the drunk ruining all there nights out lol. Listen to yourself u kno whats best x

Comment

Not 3 days = Loser

Shambles84;850478 wrote: My friends keep telling me to cut down but it doesn't work for me. Iv been af for 16 days now n they treat me like a spoil sport but I kno what works for me anyway they should be happy I'm not the drunk ruining all there nights out lol. Listen to yourself u kno whats best x
                        shambles i'm just waiting for the next get together. i know i'll get the same reaction " go on have a drink, party pooper, spoil sport" well, this clown is fed up of being the entertainment. i've got my will power and my secret antabuse to help me say no!

you'll be suprised how eye opening it is to watch everone around you drunk whilst your sober. it truly does show alcohol for what it is. A dumb poison! well done on 16 days, thats fantastic!:l

Comment

Not 3 days = Loser

Here's on for Shambles and Girly Wirly.

How many times have you let your friends down through your drinking?been a pain in the neck or liability when drunk?Have they had to deal with you being ill through drink?Helping you into bed?Putting up with abuse?Moaning/Whinging?

If they haven't had any of that then they won't know how AL is destroying you, if they have I bet they really think you are a "party pooper" when they have to tidy-up after you.

Anyone says I'm being a stick in the mud should have seen what AL was doing or about to do to me before I stopped. They'd change their mind quick then!

Comment

Not 3 days = Loser

Ukblonde;850655 wrote: Here's on for Shambles and Girly Wirly.

How many times have you let your friends down through your drinking?been a pain in the neck or liability when drunk?Have they had to deal with you being ill through drink?Helping you into bed?Putting up with abuse?Moaning/Whinging?

If they haven't had any of that then they won't know how AL is destroying you, if they have I bet they really think you are a "party pooper" when they have to tidy-up after you.

Anyone says I'm being a stick in the mud should have seen what AL was doing or about to do to me before I stopped. They'd change their mind quick then!
                            uk i think half the time they enjoyed watching me show myself up. helped justify their own drinking if i was the one truly out of control xx

Comment

Not 3 days = Loser

Do you know Girly, one of the things I looked forward to being sober was watching other people making complete twats of themselves - havent seen a drunk yet! Honest!
                              M
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                              X