I'm slowly getting there!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the way home from work tonight got a call from an ex employee to catch up for a drink - yes I went and what was a mistake because I had a couple of glasses of wine could turn out to be good for me - I had the mandotary 2 glasses of wine for driving, then bought the bottle as you do on the way home - I just poured a glass and realised I don't want to drink anymore and tipped the whole lot away - yippee I don't want drink anymore !!! I can not face another hangover, I never want to have that first drink again, tonight I was lucky I know I am back to day 1 again tomorrow but I am going to bed tonight knowing life is going to get easier and happier, I am sure this time I am finally there, thanks to MWO and all you lovely people knowing I can come here helps so much :l:l:l:l
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Well Done Panno! You took a big step towards your sobriety!! Have a great weekend!!
    xxKate
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Wow... that's a mighty fine big step there Panno, I was rooting for you last week but didn't see you come back to say how it went, now you are and with this amazing news.
      Nice one!

Comment

Panno, I am so happy for you... we all have to hit our own bottom and for me it was my health. I actually felt myself dying but I too, am finally getting it!
        Thanks for sharing that and I wish you the best on your AF life-style.

runningwind
        The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

yeeeaaaah panno. well done you!!!! just think you can have this free feeling all the time without the evil AL. so pleased for you. keep your mind in this place, its a great place for it to be.
          Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
          Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Yay Panno, way to go!! Don't reckon I could pour the bottle away after 2-3 glasses, well done
            Molly
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Well done. I definately wouldn't have been able to pour the bottle away. No way, i'm not that strong yet. Congrats
              Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
              AF since 04th May 2010
              Fell overboard on the 8th July!
              My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
              :crazymonkey:

Comment

I wasn't that strong even last week, not sure what happened but its like a light has been switched on xxx
                Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Honestly I know it sounds a cliche but without MWO and you I dont think this would have happened to me, after a really heavy 5 day binge last week I almost never returned but I did and today was day 4, but knowing I could come back no matter how many times I had slipped is such a comfort - thank you all - if only you could see me now I have a smile from ear to ear

Comment

:goodjob:
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Panno;850702 wrote: its like a light has been switched on xxx
                      That's exactly what happened to me. Keep that feeling.

J x
                      :l
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Panno;850674 wrote: On the way home from work tonight got a call from an ex employee to catch up for a drink - yes I went and what was a mistake because I had a couple of glasses of wine could turn out to be good for me - I had the mandotary 2 glasses of wine for driving, then bought the bottle as you do on the way home - I just poured a glass and realised I don't want to drink anymore and tipped the whole lot away - yippee I don't want drink anymore !!! I can not face another hangover, I never want to have that first drink again, tonight I was lucky I know I am back to day 1 again tomorrow but I am going to bed tonight knowing life is going to get easier and happier, I am sure this time I am finally there, thanks to MWO and all you lovely people knowing I can come here helps so much :l:l:l:l
                        OMG - that's awesome! If I'd the two glasses, that would have been IT! I'd have had myself around the contents of that entire new bottle - good job!
                        Coco

Comment

Good to hear you feeling so strong and proud!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hi
                            Thank you for posting, it gives me hope that I will get there one day, hopefully soon.
                            :goodjob:
                            You should be proud of yourself.

Comment

Wonderful news, Panno!

Keep smiling over all 4 cheeks!
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X