Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urge to get drunk..

Hi all,

I did have a lovely day yesterday for my son's 2nd birthday.. his Dad has now picked him up and is taking him for a big family party for him.. I feel so upset and depressed that the whole of my ex's family will be there, for MY son's birthday, and i cannot be there because of the assault and the fact my ex has lied to them all about me.. basically saying I am crazy and it was all my fault.. that he is in no way to blame..
    The next court case is just 11 days away too.. I am feeling super-stressed, anxious and depressed right now.. I won't have my son back til tomorrow afternoon.. I just want to get drunk and blot everything out so I don't care anymore.. Can anyone help me here.. how am I supposed to cope with all these feelings without AL??
    "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Urge to get drunk..

How exactly will getting drunk help?????

Take a walk.
    Have a good cry.
    Call a friend on the phone.
    Go to a movie.
    Do a thousand sit ups.
    Clean a closet.
    Cook up a new recipe you've never tried before.

Continuous sobriety is what will help you resolve the legal and family issues. Not drinking. I know you know that already but I had to hear a thousand times myself.

Hang in there!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

i know that feeling well ive been there and back getting blootered will just make it worse i had to spend 3 months on remand because of lies but the truth came out in the end alcohol will make it dissappear for that short while but the problems still there in the morning but at least if youve got a clear head your ready to have anything thrown at you and your mind will be focused on the truth and thats what matters to the judge!!he'l smell a rat if theres one there try stay abs because you need that clear head
      best of luck
      benny my best friend

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

Hang in there Katie. I know things seem down but you know alcohol will only make it worse. Especially tomorrow. I'm having a very rough day myself. I'm on day 29 and this is by far the worst day I've had. I'm depressed and having anxiety attacks due to the state of my relationship (my girlfriend hasn't spoken to me for a month and very rarely replies to my messages.) If I can stay sober tonight so can you. I've. Been listening to music and enjoying a soda. I'm doing everything and anything to get my mind off of the situation. I know tomorrow can only be better. I've come to far to start over. I think what is the scariest thing is i m dealing with my real and raw emotions. Something I've numbed myself to for far to long.
        Sorry for the long message I hope it helps you to know you're not the only one going through rough times today.
        Sober since 4/8/10 -OVER 150 DAYS AND GOING AF!!!!

Get busy livin or get busy dyin-Duane Peters
        No more bad future-Skull Skates

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

Hang in there Katie. I know things seem down but you know alcohol will only make it worse. Especially tomorrow. I'm having a very rough day myself. I'm on day 29 and this is by far the worst day I've had. I'm depressed and having anxiety attacks due to the state of my relationship (my girlfriend hasn't spoken to me for a month and very rarely replies to my messages.) If I can stay sober tonight so can you. I've. Been listening to music and enjoying a soda. I'm doing everything and anything to get my mind off of the situation. I know tomorrow can only be better. I've come to far to start over. I think what is the scariest thing is i m dealing with my real and raw emotions. Something I've numbed myself to for far to long.
          Sorry for the long message I hope it helps you to know you're not the only one going through rough times today.
          Sober since 4/8/10 -OVER 150 DAYS AND GOING AF!!!!

Get busy livin or get busy dyin-Duane Peters
          No more bad future-Skull Skates

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

Thank you all so much,
            I have banished all thoughts of drinking out of the window.. thanks to all for your tips and advice.. i think I will do what Spam suggested and start packing.. since this is the only day without my son to do that, so the kitchen will be first, as it is the most annoying room of the house to pack!
            So I will keep myself busy this afternoon, and work tonight as planned.. you guys are the best.. thank you for helping me to steer away from AL's evil lure!
            Katie xxx

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

Great post Sheri! and so so true for many of us...
              Katie

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

Hey Spam - I am looking at your number of posts and time for a party for you on here soon!

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

Katie.. jump into chat... do all of what has been suggested above and then some! ANYTHING but drink.
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

Oh Katie I'm sorry. I know how hard it is when your child is gone, you're alone, lonely and just want to change how you feel. Remember a few weeks ago when I was going through this same thing? You were there for me and helped me stay strong. I know you can do this too! :l
                    K9
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

Thank you K9 Lover.. I am feeling a bit better now.. its already 3pm and I have gotten heaps done.. been busy packing and sorting things out as I am moving next weekend.. only 4 hours til I start work.. It is very hard when my son is not with me.. especially when my exes family are all having a big party for him, whereas im on my own.. but I just have to remember the reason of the separation.. things would be alot worse if i was still with my ex.. i would be getting drunk with them all now, making a fool out of myself, dealing with verbal abuse from them all.. im glad im not there, deep down

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

sheri- great post,i'm gonna print this.

katie well done for abstaining, you are the best xx:goodjob:
                        The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

:lBig hug sent your way KatieB!! You have been doing great and lots of people care enough to give you some great hints to help you through the rougher times now. Good thoughts your way right now!
                          AF since April 19, 2010
                          NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
                          -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

Doggygirl;850888 wrote: How exactly will getting drunk help?????
                            I think this is something we all have to have in the back of our minds, all the time. And really question it when our minds tell us otherwise.

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

Thank you girly wirly, daybyday and Pan.. I agree, what DG wrote about how getting drunk will help is accurate - it does not help.. I just really needed you guys to tell me that and remind me! for so long it was a habit of mine to drink to deal with pain, stress, depression etc.. but I am breaking that habit.. I have learnt a lot, and I know I do know already alot of what you tell me, but I really needed to know that you guys are here for me.. thank you all so much! I didnt buy AL and did what a few of you suggested; kept myself busy packing and did some exercise..
                              Katie x

Comment

Working...
                              X