Urge to get drunk..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urge to get drunk..

Sheri, thankyou. Fantastic post and I too will print this.

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

Katie, I'm on TND now if you want to talk.

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

Hey Katie. I'm sorry to hear you're having to go through this stress alone. But think of what drinkin will really do. Stay sober for your son. Prove to everyone you are better than alcohol. We are stickin together. So do anythin that'll get your mind off of drinkin. Anything! Just don't pick up that alcohol stay strong. Everythin will be fine, Unless you drink. Peace
        Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
        AF since 04th May 2010
        Fell overboard on the 8th July!
        My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
        :crazymonkey:

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

You just have to keep believing that things will work out BUT if you drink they almost definitely will not.

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

katie...
            I am so sorry I didn't check in last night so I could be there for you
            I am proud of your resolve.....
            Happy Mothers Day!!!
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

Hey Katie B-way to go girl!! You are getting stronger everyday and it shows. You're one of my role models you know!! I'm glad you came here before buying that bottle. Wish I had done that last nite. Hopefully there won't be a next time for either of us!!
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

KatieB;850962 wrote: Thank you girly wirly, daybyday and Pan.. I agree, what DG wrote about how getting drunk will help is accurate - it does not help.. I just really needed you guys to tell me that and remind me! for so long it was a habit of mine to drink to deal with pain, stress, depression etc.. but I am breaking that habit.. I have learnt a lot, and I know I do know already alot of what you tell me, but I really needed to know that you guys are here for me.. thank you all so much! I didnt buy AL and did what a few of you suggested; kept myself busy packing and did some exercise..
                Katie x
                I thought I was "dealing" with various things too. In reality, I was "ignoring" those various things which just got worse.

As Sheri pointed out, we really have to watch what we tell ourselves. My mind is a very dangerous place.

I'm so glad you chose not to drink, and to do something productive instead. 1) more will get done and 2) you won't have a hangover + regrets.

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

Thank you all,

Yes I woke up this morning feeling refreshed.. Happy Mothers Day to all the mother's on here today..
                  I wish I never went on FB this morning though.. saw lots of happy photos' from MY SON"S birthday party yesterday that I could not go to.. as I cannot stand 1/2 of my ex's family - after my ex assaulted me most took his side - and now I have to put up with looking at pictures of them all having fun at MY SON'S BIRTHDAY PARTY!! God i feel so depressed right now..
                  Katie :upset: :upset: :upset:
                  "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

Katie honey-stay away from FB so you don't continue to torture yourself. Hang in there OK? Sending you a great big cyber hug!!
                    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

Katie - Do not look at Facebook anymore.

Remember how happy he was opening his gifts with you? His new Thomas the Tank Engine toys.
                      Focus on the new move! Think about how happy he is going to be with his new bed!!! He is going to love it. His new surroundings. He has turned into such a young toddler instead of a baby. Stay focused!! You have so many friends here. Please stay strong.
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

Thank you Nora and Papmom.. Its so hard though.. I love him so much; I went through the pregnancy, pain of labour and breastfed him for 3 months.. I was at his hospital bedside every night for a month whilst he had a tumour removed.. then my ex and his horrible family are all enjoying him like I dont even exist!!!! It hurts so much... :upset: :upset:

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

Yes - it is hard! I can't take that pain away. You can't let the ex win though. When he pushes you to drink that is not good. Please think about the positives!!! But, it's time to focus on the good part.
                          Your little toddler is going to be sleeping in a train bed.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

Thank you Nora.. I dont know where you got the idea that he has a train bed though!! I bought him a Thomas train set... and I am converting his cot to a bed next week!
                            I feel so tempted to get drunk right now.. i hate his family, and just cannot stand the thought of my son with them all! when they have betrayed and hurt me so much! arrrrgh! Only last year, i put on big lunches for them - and they all got drunk, it wasnt just me - but they all picked on ME! god i really cannot take this pain for much longer...

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

You know where I got the idea Katie. Here we have little beds that are like race cars. :H
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Urge to get drunk..

Katie - you are right that it is not fair. It's not. But, I am asking you to think of the positives of your son. :l I so understand the wanting to get drunk. I just want to save you.
                                It is not right that they treat you like that. It is awful. But, you are doing so well. Please don't let them be the cause of it.
                                Sorry about the mix up with the bed. I was thinking that he had a little train bed now. :H
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X