Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wife of an alcoholic

Hi everybody hope everybody is getting better
    I am here just looking for help for my husband so far its been 3 day of withdraws waiting for a bed in the hospital for detox. I am glad that he is stopping but I am scared of how much damage he has done to his liver he is only 38 years old we have been together for 24 years and married 10 years I have seen it all from up to hit bottom but stood by him due to he is a great man that is sick. Family and friends wanted me out but I stood there. Hopefully I am getting back the man that I fell in love with. Well he only did it due to he damaged his liver and is so swollen and is in pain. Please guys dont wait to it gets that far please.

The doctor cant give him anything because they need to wait for the results which is in 2 weeks.
    I am giving him alot of fluids and massages dont know what else to due if you have any suggestions please tell me

:thanks:

wife of an alcoholic

jeannie007, I don't have any experience with WD's but maybe if you post on the thread "Need Help ASAP" someone would be able to help. There is also another member here named Susanna who started posting recently because she was looking for help for her brother who was going through severe withdrawals. You can find her posts on the Meds Thread (Topamax, Naltrexone, Baclofen etc). Hopefully she can see your posts and help - she would definately be a good person to talk to. I hope you are able to find the help you need to get him through this and I hope he can find the help he needs to overcome this addiction. I too am an alcoholic (eight years) and find this website has a ton of info and support. Please keep us updated:welcome:
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

wife of an alcoholic

Thank you so much

Comment

wife of an alcoholic

Thank you so much Sheri

:h

Comment

wife of an alcoholic

Hi Jeannie

Your husband is a very lucky man to have some who loves him so much unconditionally. I wish the both of you all the very best for his recovery.

QQ
          Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Comment

Working...
          X