Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you think what the hell! - strategies, dreams and goals

Hi everyone,

It came to me tonight. I thought "what the hell" and nearly felt like a drink. Day 4 for me, and on a new diet.

I hate that "what the hell" feeling / thought, because it's when that devil sitting on your shoulder tries to temp you with self doubt and low self esteem. I say fight it!

There must be some strategies for those weak moments, maybe we could list them here, along with some goals and dreams. I'll start.

1. What the hell: "what do you mean, what the hell? What the hell are you thinking?".

Sometimes when this bugger's sitting on your shoulder, it's time to think of something else to do that night.

2. Goals: re-write my resume, look for a job, get a job i will love, think about university next year, think about general life direction.

Actually, short term goals: learn how to read some books again! I think it would be beneficial to enter the world of imagination.

3. Not sure of my dreams, but i would love to meet somebody inspirational and special, who has something to give me and not just take. Long term dreams would entail being happy in my career, personal life (although goal here is to bring that to top of list, instead of career), have a nice home that is shared by another loving person, contribute to society, and be a generally happy person.

Now you...
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

When you think what the hell! - strategies, dreams and goals

Hi Change, and congrats on your four days. Changing your diet and going sober at the same time, certainly is ambitious. Developing two new healthy habits at the same time, would be very difficult for sure. The what the hell feeling, is a tough one to fight - but we must fight it tooth and nail. That urge to drink, and give in, can be ridden like a wave, and it will pass. It might be higher or longer or shorter than the last one, but it shall pass. Goals, day by day, and perhpas one week? Followed by two? Dreams, to enjoy the beauty of life that exists outside. Alcoholism forces us to go through life inside our minds, and watching life through a delusional screen of paranoia and falsehood.

All the best to you, hope this helped.
    Hill
    Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
    X