X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Monday 10th May

Hey all,

Where's Spam??!
    I've had a good day today, took son to daycare and worked.. No AL for me today, back to Day 1 though.. I hope everyone else has had a good day.. I'm going for the 30 day challenge once again!
    Busy packing for my move this weekend..
    hi to all that follow,
    Katie xxx
    "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

ODAT Monday 10th May

wake up spamalarm!!!
    I think she likes her Underoos thread.....
    katie..you are making me nervous with a glass of wine here and there...you know I love you...not trying to be mean...You are just so fragile right now.....
    OK enuf of my soapbox...I really should practice what I preach...
    Got to get ready for work!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

ODAT Monday 10th May

I'm in, day 2 here for me, have a good one everyone, and there's nothing wrong with knitting, I would if it wasn't for my cat's,xxx love and hug's Twitch.

Comment

ODAT Monday 10th May

hey wasssssuuuup onedayers!
        Hey twitch, well done on day 2... sorry Spam the AA threads are a bit heavy for me atm, I need a lot of wannachange time for that, hey Mama have a lovely Monday and Katie mighty good luck in the 30 day challenge, am with you all the way.
        Half Monday gone... yipeeeeeeeee!

Comment

ODAT Monday 10th May

Hey Spam
          I am completely off the topa and taking nothing but supps.....right now just relying on that and still ODAT.......drinking is hit or miss.....that's the sad truth of it......but I am doing well
          Doing great with new company and hope to be in full all back pay included today!!!
          This will be a busy and emotional week for me since my "baby" is graduating from high school....
          Knitting sounds neat...I used to do alot of needlepoint, but I just can't see the small details any more
          when health insurance when new company kicks in will probably need glasses or lasik
          ok...off to start my busy Monday
          love to all and hope everyone had a happy mothers day

ps...hi twitchie...good to see you again
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

ODAT Monday 10th May

Hi everyone

Was away for the week-end and unfortunately after nearly 90 AF days I had a glass or two of wine. We were at my cousins anniversary mass and went back to another cousins house after. I was probably too confident and not on guard enough. Also I have not been as good at taking the supplements. Back taking them again and started the week off AF and will remain that way.

I too dip into the AA thread Spam. I have attended a few meetings but they were nothing like those described in the thread. I could not identify at all. I am highly funtioning and all the people at the meetings I went to had hit rock bottom. Can identify with the MWO members and do it from the comfort of my own home.

Have a great week everyone.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT Monday 10th May

I will be very interested in that Spam. "Rock bottom" has different meanings to different people - my rock bottom wasn't being out on the street or in the gutter etc it was a mental state where I'd simply had enough.

Identification can be a lot simpler than the external 'symptoms', took me a while to get it but I could then match up with those who I met in treatment as well as AA meets. I never thought I had to hide my drinking as I mostly lived on my own but eventually I removed a bit more of denial and found out EXACTLY how my 'hiding' manifested itself. Never thought I would identify with a middle aged, housewife with children (I'm definitely not the latter by a long, long way).

If you have no similarities with anyone in AA you could argue you aren't an alcoholic. I don't use AA in my recovery but I do believe a lot of what they say is true when applied in a different way.

Comment

ODAT Monday 10th May

Evenings, Evenings. Sure Spam you're in bed or almost awake again. Nevertheless, LOVE the knitting thing. I tell you, as beautifull a country South Africa is, I could cry, thinking of all the suffering you see, particularly the children. True, unfortunately you have this suffering everywhere. but we live in a country with 44m ppl or so and more than 1,5m orphans apparently. (I read this somwhere the other day, can't reference). HIV/Aids, a major factor obviously as well.

Anycase, on to lighter things, doing well, still keeping busy. Been caught off guard a couple of times last couple of days, but have managed the temptation.
                AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT Monday 10th May

Can anyone tell me what is the AA thread/s - am I being totally dumb here?
                  Johnny - great to see you! not seen you on here for ages.. you are doing so well, you are such an inspiration..
                  Wannachange - thank you! lets do this 30 day challenge..
                  Mamab- i know you are worried about me, and i guess you and others who have told me too that I need to be wary, with my history - moderation probably won't work.. il soon go back to binging again so i need to be AF.. i hope no-one minds that i start a thread specifically for my own 30-day challenge..
                  Love you all,
                  Katie xxx

Comment

ODAT Monday 10th May

Spam.. I will still be ODAT'ing.. and if I fail, then I will come back anyway.. but by starting a 30 day challenge, it will give me that extra motivation and accountability which I am hoping will steer me away from AL! I know if I can do 30 days I may be able to mod.. but I dont want to make any promises to myself.. I just want to prove to myself only that I can do 30 days.. I did 10 weeks only last year, so i just want to prove to myself I can do this again xx

Comment

ODAT Monday 10th May

Spam;853493 wrote: Bugger, I was going to delete that message in light of the PM I have just sent you. I have contradicted myself! Sorry. I have faith in you. xx :l
                      LOL!!! No worries Spam.. I know I have reported on here a couple of binges this last month.. so I know ppl's faith in me is not 100% as I have gone a bit crazy.. though I have learnt from those experiences and know my triggers.. no more "dates" for me and no buying AL when I am stressed.. actually no buying AL at all!! (for at least 30 days anyway.. and I will re-evaluate after that) xxx

Comment

Working...
                      X