My first post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first post

Hi Ive been lurking for a while and thought its about time I posted. Im a mother to 3 and drinking that many bottles of wine a night. I cant remember the last a/f night. My husband is about to kick me out because of my drinking.

I went to my doctor and he told me to cut down to 2 glasses a night. He said it should be easy for me. NOT.

Anyway looking forward to getting to know you all.

Kazz

My first post

:welcome: Kazzi,

Huge step you've made today by making your 1st post. You've found a place of great advice and every one here has been in the same place as you are today.

Have a click on the link below to start you help get a plan together.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Just keep reading,keep posting, make yourself comfortable and let us get to know you.

J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

My first post

Nice to see you Kazzi,

Lot's of inspiring stuff to read around here.
      Best wishes on your journey.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

My first post

:welcome: Kazzi, great to see you here, sadly some doctors don't understand alcoholism but we all do so keep reading and posting and we are all here to help you :h
        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

My first post

:welcome:

Sounds like you have had your first experience of attempting moderation.

Comment

My first post

Hi Kazzi,
            Welcome to the site.. this is a great place to be to get support.. maybe you want to join us in a 30 day challenge?.. you just need a good pair of hiking boots
            Read and post often, and let us get to know you,
            Katie x
            "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

My first post

Hi Kazzi and :welcome: I can relate - it was nothing for me to put down 3 bottles of wine a day myself. Cut back to 2??? Impossible. For me, I have learned that NONE is far far easier than trying to "control" something that for me, is just uncontrollable.

Downloading the book is a great place to start. Strength and hope to you!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

My first post

Hi Kazzi,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
                If you haven't already, read the MWO book. You can download it from the Health Store, it explains the components of the program. I highly recommend the Hypnotherapy CDs. They were very helpful in learning to relax without AL.

Please feel free to drop in the Newbies Nest thread for support.
                I had a pretty good wine habit going my self but you can quit if you really want to. It takes work & commitment on your part but you'll never be sorry

Wishing you the best on your journey!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

My first post

Hi Kazzi - congratulations on your move to join MYO. I have only recently joined, but it already feels like a place where I can make much needed progress. Some doctors can be so disengaged. Keep posting and reading!
                  While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                  Benjamin Franklin

Comment

My first post

Kazzi,

:welcome: and do read and post quite a bit at first.

I hope something here helps and you can find your way out, too.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

My first post

the 30 day challenge sounds a bit daunting, but im going to be at the hospital with my daugther for at least 14 days so maybe i can do it.

Comment

My first post

I told my doctor i was an alcoholic and once id opened a bottle it was gone and then some.He sugested buying those little bottles... can you believe that!!!

Comment

My first post

My GP, a very smart and intelligent woman, explained to me that doctors get very little training in medical school on addiction of any kind. I think she said 15 hours?

Luckily, she knows what it is all about and has never suggested I try to moderate. :H:H

She is hesitant to help me because she says she just doesn't know enough about it other than the usual AA recommendation.

But, she is behind me all the way and supportive of me trying meds to help. She is a very kind soul.

Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

My first post

tictak;853925 wrote: I told my doctor i was an alcoholic and once id opened a bottle it was gone and then some.He sugested buying those little bottles... can you believe that!!!
                            :H:H:H MY God that takes the biscuit!

Welcome Kazzi, you have come to the right place xx
                            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

My first post

You know as well as i do that once that little bottle was half way down i'd be down the shop buying a big one

Comment

Working...
                              X