No More Butts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No More Butts

Who wants to join me for a no-smoking challenge? Today will be day one for me and I'd love to have some company! Feel free to post any tips or suggestions you have for making this a success. My hardest time of day will be early morning and right after work... Let's share ideas!

5-11-10: Day 1!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

No More Butts

Have 3 left and then I am on board...so really tomorrow will be day 1 for me...great to have a quit buddy!
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

No More Butts

Hey Oney...you wanna talk about the energy/weight thing here? You mighten like what I have to say though:sorry:

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

No More Butts

Go for it RC....I am awaiting a thrashing....but it may help others aswell....

Hit me..

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

No More Butts

Oh....this is about smoking ! Ha! Thank God....Ha! IAD

?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

No More Butts

Ok Ms Doolittle....you already have a self admitted junk food diet....substituting junk food for smokes now ain't gonna cut it. Even if you succeeded in putting some desired weight on it would be at the expense of your health.

Junk food is not only non nutritional, it creates a deficit in the body on a nutritional level. Each cell must be nourished with some basics to metabolize normally. Not underactive ore overactive but balanced and efficient.

We die cell by cell if they can't metabolize. ie nutrition in waste out takes place in every cell....if waste is continually locked in a cells then tissue deterioration occurs and you may or may not see overt symptoms yet. But weight gain, tiredness, problems with cycle will begin to manifest as indicators.

Am I making sense so far???

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

No More Butts

Hi K9 & Oney,

As you can see from my signature line - I will be smoke free one year on the 19th of May!!!!!

Quitting smoking was much, much harder for me than giving up my wine habit.........much harder!
              Yes, I substituted food for smokes & gain 13 lbs. BUT I am now starting to lose them now.
              I quit not only for my own health but for the health of those around me - mainly my grandson. He will never know me as a smoker

I highly advise you both to join Quit Net!
              They have a forum very sinilar to this one & lots of good advice.
              www.quitnet.com
              I go there every day to read & pledge no smoking for the day - really helps a lot!

Good luck to both of you

Lavande
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

No More Butts

yes, nicotine is likened to cocaine on the addiction scale.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

No More Butts

Well you know I am in with ya's sooooooooooo mighty power to all, I am gonna do it got this far 8 days AF so will be real healthy after this... oh and for food, never bothered me but you will feel healthy so you will probably steer away from the junk automatically.

Comment

No More Butts

Ringing Cedars;854334 wrote: Ok Ms Doolittle....you already have a self admitted junk food diet....substituting junk food for smokes now ain't gonna cut it. Even if you succeeded in putting some desired weight on it would be at the expense of your health.

Junk food is not only non nutritional, it creates a deficit in the body on a nutritional level. Each cell must be nourished with some basics to metabolize normally. Not underactive ore overactive but balanced and efficient.

We die cell by cell if they can't metabolize. ie nutrition in waste out takes place in every cell....if waste is continually locked in a cells then tissue deterioration occurs and you may or may not see overt symptoms yet. But weight gain, tiredness, problems with cycle will begin to manifest as indicators.

Am I making sense so far???
                    Perfect sense....never knew that tho....I must be doing so much damage..

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

No More Butts

Lavande,

Congratulations..a year off....that is amazing.....I hope from the bottom of my heart that I can write that this time next year.

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

No More Butts

one2many;854366 wrote: Perfect sense....never knew that tho....I must be doing so much damage..
                        Ok...we're rolling on then....

I usually start with the basic components of a cell and how to keep it healthy. We can get to more specifics as we go.

Do you know your blood type. O, A, B or AB. Not so important to know + or - at this point.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

No More Butts

I have no clue.....I should know.....but I don't..

AF 10th May 2010
                          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

No More Butts

Do you have a hospital card with your children's blood type on it. That's how I found mine. They charge here to find out. Don't know how much. I would say it is worth the expense.

Basics needs of a cell as I was taught. You will find some variances in the percentages elsewhere, but you will get the idea.

Water 80%
                            Protein 15%
                            Lipids(fats) 3%
                            vitamins and minerals 1%
                            carbohydrates 1%

Um Junk Food 0 %

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

No More Butts

No, no hospital card...none of the kids have ever been in hospital...Thank God.

I , on the other hand have had 3 C sections and should know...all I know is that is not rare lol...

Ok, writing this down..

AF 10th May 2010
                              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X