I Let AL Define Who I Am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Let AL Define Who I Am

That's hillarious. lol. I'll keep that one in mind (for the right person).
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

I Let AL Define Who I Am

LOL Coco, that is too funny! You should try that sometime and see what kind of response you get!

I agree with all of the posts above, why should we feel defensive because we don't drink? Do we have to defend ourselves if we say "No thanks, I don't shoot up heroine?"

Society has really brainwashed us hasn't it? Now we're abnormal if we don't drink. That's fine by me!
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I Let AL Define Who I Am

Excellent thread. Yes I am aware a lot of people know about my drinking as no matter how hard you try hiding it, they will have noticed. I'm a much nicer, more reliable person when I don't drink so most around me support this. I did have some drinking 'buddies' at one point that did make giving up drinking very hard indeed but that's another story.

I simply say I don't drink, full stop. Most people accept that and why shouldn't they?If anyone presses I will say I don't like it, pressed again I'll say it was affecting my life any further or if someone tries to persuade me to just have a small glass I will then tell them "I'm an alcoholic". That usually stops most people dead, well apart from the odd nosy busy-body who will go on to quiz me about what it's like and "Isn't it a pity you can't just have one like me".

The latter are few, far between and generally either ignorant or simply have no understanding of tact nor the human condition. God help them if they ever suffer from addiction or any form of mental illness.

Comment

Working...
        X