Hazey Blue Dreams.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hazey Blue Dreams.

Shame. lol. Well, I have a three year old and a 7 month old child. So restful night for me means just sleeping through for a couple of hours without being woken up by cries every hour to two

But hot chocolate just before you go to bed. It nearly knocked me out. (nooooo.... there was not a shot of brandy innit. )
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Hazey Blue Dreams.

Shew,

Had another one of those nights. Was getting drunk somewhere or other in my dreams and woke up like from a nightmare. I was really getting hammered drinking beer.

On the Upside, I woke up relieved and didn't let it spoil my day this time around. I realise it was just a dream.

On the downside it have left me with a more than now usual craving for beer. But it feels manageable right now.
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Hazey Blue Dreams.

Hi Johnny,
        I had a drinking dream last night as well. It was so real that when I woke up I wasn't sure if I should be hung over or not. When I gave up smoking I remember having loads of dreams where I started again, and in the dreams I felt terrible about giving in. I think it is a sign that giving up the vise has really penetrated your subconscious. It has become something you have committed yourself to. The smoking dreams never influenced me during the day, they did not create a desire to smoke. Last night's dream reminded me how much I hate waking up with a hang over.
        While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Hazey Blue Dreams.

Hi Not,

Yeah, That's exactly how I feel/felt.

I like your way of putting it in terms of the commitment I've made to myself.

I'm coping so much better with it though now, after I posted it last time and had all the response. It was good seeing it's a normal thing and probably part of the recovery.

I hate those dreams tho, and you?!!
          AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Hazey Blue Dreams.

They say that your body has a cellular memory and that perhaps those dreams are your bodies way of releasing the toxins.

My mum also told me that when your liver is a bit toxified, you'll have strange dreams. I was on a detox diet last week, and guess what? No weird dreams.
            One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Hazey Blue Dreams.

For real???? About the liver???

Don't scare me now. I've never had my liver checked out actually.
              AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Hazey Blue Dreams.

Hi johnny I too had a three week period where I had these dreams almostly nightly. then they ceased. they were very vivid and I'd awaken feeling like I had a hangover till I realized it was just a dream. scary at first...VERY! BTW, I think anyone who has abused alcohol for any period of thime should get their liver enzymes level checked...techie
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                X