Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!

I just registered tonight. I have been battling alcoholism for 27 years. I'm 47 now and in worse shape than ever. I stumbled across Dr. Ameisien's book "Heal thyself" and for the first time in a long time I have hope. I ordered some Baclofen and I am trying to reach Dr. Levin. I got his number so I am not asking for that. I'm drinking a half gallon of Vodka a day. If this doesn't work I guess it is back to re-hab. Wish me luck. And it is great to find a board with fellow Alcoholics,:new: cause no one else can understand.

Hello!

Hi, Roscoe...:welcome:

There are so many wonderful people here. I've never tried the meds but I'm taking the supplements (L-Glutamine and Kudzu) and they are helping. You can find L-Glut at GNC (maybe Kudzu too) so you don't have to wait on the meds to start working on your cravings. Glad you're here. I'm new too.

Comment

Hello!

Hi Roscoe, welcome! You will find tons of support here, so come and post often. Do you have a Sobriety Plan? Doggygirl taught me early on that it is really important you write down your plan and how you are going to accomplish your goals. And trust me, we all understand what it is like to have an addiction, so you are among friends!

Comment

Hello!

Hi roscoe and welcome to the forum,
        You are certainly amonst friends here, and people that understand.. this site has helped me hugely in the past 3 months alone.. Do you have a plan how you want to tackle AL?
        It is a good idea to write down what you want to do, what your triggers are..
        We are also here to help you anyway we can..
        All the best,
        Katie xx
        "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Hello!

Hi Roscoe wanted to add my hellos and :welcome: look forward to chatting with you on your journey, you have come to a fantastic friendly place with amazing people and advice :l
          Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Hello!

Hi & welcome roscoe, you have come to a great community with a great insight in what your going through as all of us were/are there,read as many as the posts/threads as you can,give yourself a chance to succeed it can be done,hope to see you around.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hello!

Hiya Roscoe and welcome.
              You've found the best place, keep reading and posting.
              Be careful de-toxing, that sounds like a lot of booze to come off without some medical help?
              Good luck and will check in later after work to see how its going!
              Molly
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hello!

Howzit Roscoe,

Welcome to the forum. It's been a great help and support to me and I wish the same for you. Stick around, read and post. The meds section is also good to read on other's experiences with Baclofen, etc.

Take care!!
                AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Hello!

Hi Roscoe, and welcome. Like you said, you are in a place where people understand what you are going through. Read and write lots, as said above, there are many people here who can give you some great thoughts and feedback. All the best,
                  Hill
                  Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Hello!

Hi Roscoe Welcome! I am new as well, but in a short period of time I have found an enormous amount of support from this site. YOu have found a good place. All the best,

NT
                    While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Hello!

Welcome Roscoe!

Have a read of the 'Toolbox' thread too. It's in the 'monthly abstinence' section. Essential reading for tip's, strategies, information, and inspiration. Read, read, and read some more here.

Best wishes....

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hello!

Hi Roscoe,
                        I agree that you need to be careful detoxing from that much alcohol. If you are drinking a half gallon per day, that is 64 fl. oz., which is quite a lot of hard alcohol. Can you speak to a doctor about getting some help for the first few days?
                        We're glad to have you here, I look forward to getting to know you.
                        xoxo
                        K9
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hello!

Thanks.

Thanks for welcoming me everyone. My plan is to try Baclofen. I am reading two of Ameisen's books right now and I have already odered the baclofen. I know I have to taper off of the Alcohol and start the baclofen slowly. The last couple of days I have managed to not drink in the morning. That alone cuts my drinking in half. Right now I am out of work and have nothing to do. That increases my anxiety and thus increases my drinking. I'll keep you all posted on my results when I start taking the baclofen. Does anyone know if baclofen shows up on a urine drug test?:thanks:

Comment

Hello!

hi roscoe and welcome

sound words of advice from our friends here already i see! take care of yourself honey and i look forward to getting to know more about you and reading your posts xxx

gw xx
                            The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Working...
                            X