Day 1 AF not feeling too good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, on day 1 feel like I'm dieing inside starting a job on the 24 of the month and I need my hands too stop shaking. I been down this road I know I'll feel better tomorrow and the next day :upset:

Hi, rmoniz... I know you say you've been down this road before...and I have no idea how much you've been drinking...but if you think you need medical attention, please get it. Alcohol withdrawal can be dangerous. Maybe an ER doc would give you some meds for a home detox? Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Hi rmoniz, hang in there as Day 1 is always tough. Keep thinking about how great it will be to start your job without hangovers and everything else that comes with AL. This is a great place, you'll find the support you need. Check out the supplements as they help with cravings and getting your body back in balance.

Comment

withdrawal systems are very light

Hello all, my withdrawal systems are very light, I've been an a small bender not like the ones before.

Comment

Keep with it RMoniz - and good luck for the new job. New job - new new - start new life.

QQ
          Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Comment

Hi Rmoniz plenty of water and rest and tomorrow will start to feel better, good luck on your journey and good luck with the job
            Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Rmoniz, welcome back and like previously said, dilute all that booze with copious amounts of water ( apparently with lemon juice is good), the shakes an all will go in a couple of days - when I started all this back in December my hands were shaking so badly I had to 'drink' a mug of soup instead of using a spoon cos I could'nt get it to my mouth. You're bound to feel anxious and depressed for a good few days after a binge, but it will lift and suddenly you'll feel really good and you'll be fine for the job, good luck
              Molly
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hey Rmoniz,

You can do it!!! And there's plenty of time still unill your job starts as well! Try and really give it your best shot. In a week you'll probably feeling a bit better alreay as yoru body is getting rid of the toxins. You can do it!! Keep telling yourself!
                AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Hi Rmoniz, yes day one can be quite horrible for sure. One day at a time, and you will feel much better and ready to start your new job. Hang in there,
                  Hill
                  Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Hi Rmoniz, your body needs good nutrition right now more than ever. A warm cup of water with lemon juice first thing in the morning helps detox your liver. Porridge with berries and honey for breakfast gives slow release energy, along with a healthy sugar boost. I also find that fresh beet root juice with carrots and ginger works wonders. And drink loads of water, again with a slice of lemon. One day at a time and you will feel better. Best of luck on your new job!
                    While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Hi Rmoniz,
                      I can sympathize with how you feel right now, I have been there many times. Be kind to yourself right now, get rest and drink plenty of water. You should feel better in the next couple of days. Congratulations on your new job! Are you planning on moderating your alcohol consumption or are you going to try to completely abstain? There is a lot of support and advice on here, let us know what we can do to help.
                      :l
                      K9
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Rmoniz
                        daybyday posted this thread which I found really useful. Hope you do as well.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ing-42332.html

take care and be good to yourself.
                        While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Quitting for good

Quitting for good

Comment

Hi rmoniz, I am on day 13 and its the first time ive made it this far. I had headaches for 7 days, sweats, shakes, depression etc. But if you hang in there it does get better, we're not just saying that.
                            Water is sooo important. I had to force it down. In the early stages of my detox I found getting a light comedy or lovestory out on DVD and curling up on the couch comforting and it kept my mind busy and past a few more hours alcohol free. Also reading magazines, just hibanating really tilli felt strong enough to go out anywhere. Couldnt even face the supermarket for a week. Anyway im here if you need me. Please take care you are doing well!
                            HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

Comment

I can recommend the hibernating - firstly until you are feeling better and secondly whenever a craving or urge strikes. Works for me and that down time is more than made up by the ability to get through the next day.

Comment

Working...
                              X