Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rough Time

Hi

Not been having to good a time since the loss of the Lady who was better than an Aunt to me. Only gave in to the demon twice Fri the day the news arrived and Tues coz my Mum got upset - lifelong friend.

Today feeling a lot more positive - I do not want to kill myself with AL as an old school friend did around 3 years ago liver gave up - she did not make 50. I want to be around to see my gorgeous grandaughters grow up.

Thank you all for being here even when I am not. I know I can switch on my PC and you are all here waiting and that means a lot to me and I know to all of us on this site.

Back later

QQ
    Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Rough Time

QQ, sorry you're having a tough time. Unfortunately when we have a crisis in our lives we are inclined to turn to booze as if it might help - all it does is dull the pain for a short time and then when the hangover clicks in its a double whammy, all the pain and a hangover, nothing has changed. Grief needs to be dealt with head on, otherwise it just simmers on and on under the surface and never gets dealt with until it all becomes too much.
    Good luck QQ and glad you are feeling more positive, back up on the wagon and stay posting!
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Rough Time

qq i'm sorry for your loss. put aside your feeling about drinking on fri and tues and make a plan on how to manage your feelings over the next week or so. get some of your favourite comfort foods, go for walks, talk to a friend, read a good book do some exercise to vent those f eelings.

mollyka is right, you need to grieve, not just suprees the feelings with alcohol, they'll rear their head at a later date anyway!

we are here for you, any day any time. chin up qq, you have been so strong, lets keep it that way. x:l
      The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Rough Time

Good post Molly.
        QQ I am sorry for your loss, it is very difficult not to turn to the bottle at times like this, after all it is the way we are used to coping with everything isnt it. I am glad to hear you are feeling a little more positive today and hope you can find your way out. The support is always here for you, best of luck.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Rough Time

Hey QQ,

My condolensces. I'm sorry for your loss.
          It's very difficult not to turn to drinking when that has been our defense mechanism number one for so long. But in reality we deal with things so much better when we are not drinking. I wish you all the strenght in these difficult times and know that you have friends here you can talk to.
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Rough Time

Hi QQ, I am sorry for your loss, and that you are having a tough go right now. You make a great point for all of us, that enjoying our grandchildren someday is a part of life that is very special and a great motivator to not drink. Like you wrote, we are here for you.
            Hill
            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Rough Time

Thank you I know all of you are right and I have posted similar to others on the site who have suffered a loss. Guess it is time I practice what I preach.

Things will start to improve evenmore after the funeral Tues. Did go out last night with my work. I did not drive and that normally means I can drink and I did............................................... ..................

Diet coke

Once again thank you

QQ

Comment

Rough Time

That's fantastic. Especially in the midst of everything. Very proud of you and most impressed!
                AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Rough Time

Thanx Johnnyh

Have to say I do feel really good when I do not drink when I can - if that makes sense.

Was crap at bowling even got on my hands and knees and pushed the ball down the lane. That is something I would normally do if I had been drinking. So yup we can be just as silly sober as we can be drunk, only difference we remember and it is not someone telling us the next day what we got up to.

QQ

Comment

Rough Time

Lol. Yeah, something I have been discovering as well. I'm still having fund being silly without drinking, People still have fun around me when I'm not drinking And the table in the restaurant that I'm at is still the table that everyone else wishes they were sitting at.
                    AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X