Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JERRY BEAR_ HANG ON_READ THIS

Jerry Bear:

Please try to calm down. We can't help you if you are not thinking, but just reacting with fear.

Questions to ask yourself right now. I mean right now.

1. What is more important. Your job or your life?

2. Can you go to a different hospital than the one you work at?

3. Do you have an friend or family member close by that can spend the weekend with you, that is prepared to help you?

4. Have you prepared for the withdrawal in every way possible? If not, delay it.

5. You know the booze is killing you. You fear that going off the booze may kill you. I sense that you may need the assistance of medical treatment, but fear getting it where you work, because you may lose your job if they know.

6. Consider calling your boss on the phone, and coming clean about your situation. You may be surprised that some people have more compassion and empathy than you give them credit for.

6. What is more important? Your job or your life?

You need some understanding and help. I'm probably several hundred miles away, so vent if you need to. I'm 10 months sober now, so YES THERE IS HOPE.

Neil

Neil,

I've already dealt with my boss this morning, but, I still am too mortified to let my coworkers care for me. You've been sober 10 months, did you do it on this program without any physical problems?

jerrybear

Comment

by the way, thank you SO much for taking the time to answer me. its so good to hear from someone who knows
      how it feels.

Comment

Jerrybear:

I have a meeting here at work in a few minutes, so I'll be quick.

I still have physical problems with anxiety and panic, even after 10 months. They are slowly going away, and getting less severe with time. Sorry to say that, but it's the truth.

I want to live. I want to be alive. I am getting stronger and more alive with each passing day. It's hard, but it' possible.

I came up with my own way, very close to the MWO way. It took me 25 years on my own to figure it out, and I've been drinking for 35 years.

By reading, and posting here, you can find info on supplements, nutrition, meditation, and exercise to make the road to sobriety a little less rough. ITS NOT EASY AT ALL. ITS HARD. I won't sugar coat it, and say its been a cakewalk, but I am still alive.

Read the MWO book to start. Read the stuff in research. It's hard info, without all the other stuff you may see in the monthly and general discussion posts.

I'll try to get back on later after my meeting.

Neil

Comment

jerrybear wrote: Neil,

I've already dealt with my boss this morning, but, I still am too mortified to let my coworkers care for me. You've been sober 10 months, did you do it on this program without any physical problems?

jerrybear
          Jerry, do you understand that it is physical condition not a moral failing?

I hope you get what you need.

Stay safe,

Tracy

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Hey. It's the girl who completely lost control this morning when she decided that this was the Get Sober Weekend.

Thank you all so much, again, for being here. Im also going to do abstinence, since moderation obviously has never worked for me in the past.

I'm stocked up on vitamins, valium, and water. I feel like I'm preparing for a nuclear holocaust . I'll try to keep you all posted, but, if things get too intense, I'll just get back with you when it's all over.

Sara

Comment

Good Luck Jerry Bear

Sara,

You sound much more calm than earlier. You can do this. This site might not be exactly what you were looking for this morning but you won't find a better more supportive group of people anywhere. Stick close and you will find strength in them and their stories as well.

Good luck.

Jen

Comment

JerryBear:

You sound like you are feeling a bit better now, and that's good.

Vitamins are good. Water is good. Please watch the valium though. I have posted on that stuff, because I got addicted to that too once, and getting off it was just as bad as detoxing from the alky. It is good for the shakes for sure, but just for the worst of them.

Believe me. I've been there. Curled up in the fetal postion in bed, trembling and shaking and puking. Then cursing God and crying. Hearing things and seeing things that aren't there. Nightmare sleep, and waking up after 10 minutes of that, in a cold sweat.

Once during a detox, I knew I was going to die, and welcomed it. I just let go, and passed out again, but did not die. So believe me, I've gone through it more times than I care to admit. I so much hope that you are spared any of what I've been through.

Anyway, good luck and I will say a prayer for you, that you come out with little difficulty. Remember, we are here for you if you need advice and help.

Neil

Comment

Neil, thank you you so much for sharing your story ....I had no idea ...you seem so strong in your posts....Cat
                  Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Working...
                  X