Hey, I'm new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I'm new

I just got finished with an annual physical...My liver enzymes were elevated. I've been given a month to go off of alcohol and get a new blood test. I don't drink during the day, but once the sun goes down I enjoy several glasses of wine. I really want to try to control this by eating the best I can, exercising, and I know I need to cut down on my wine...any other ideas? I don't know if I can go cold turkey!

Hey, I'm new

Hi Stacer. Welcome. You're in a great place here, and on this site there are loads of people wanting to stop drinkin and wanting to learn to moderate. I can't moderate, because i am an alcoholic, and i cannot stop once i start drinkin. But you decide for yourself how your drinkin affects your life, and if you feel you can cut down, then this site can help. There's loads of info on this site, and it's filled with amazing, real people like you and me, who are strugglin and beating this evil 'spirit', this poison that has ruined our lives. So read and post lots. It help a lot and it makes you think clearly. Strength to you. God bless.
    Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
    AF since 04th May 2010
    Fell overboard on the 8th July!
    My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
    :crazymonkey:

Comment

Hey, I'm new

Stacer;856594 wrote: I just got finished with an annual physical...My liver enzymes were elevated. I've been given a month to go off of alcohol and get a new blood test. I don't drink during the day, but once the sun goes down I enjoy several glasses of wine. I really want to try to control this by eating the best I can, exercising, and I know I need to cut down on my wine...any other ideas? I don't know if I can go cold turkey!
      hi stacer and welcome,

you have come to the right place. we are all struggling with the same problem. i didn't think i'd be able to go cold turkey either, but after finding this site, i am now on my 11th day sober.

what you need is a plan. how are you going to do this? you need to keep busy and occupied and in times of weakness, come here and ask for help or read some posts for inspiration. there are some great ideas in the sites toolbox to help you on your way. heres the link.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...x-9-27556.html

good luck. post your questions/ frustrations & a little bit about you. lets help each other! we can do this xxx

gw x:l
      The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Hey, I'm new

welcome stacer - give 30 days AF go - you won't regret it
        It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Hey, I'm new

Welcome!! All the best for you. You can do it. Just believe in it!! Plenty of good food for thought here to get you started. Good luck1!
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Hey, I'm new

Hi Stacer, and welcome. Going alcohol free, (af), for any period of time is great. Read lots here, and don't be shy to write lots either. I would be afraid to know what my liver enzymes were at before I quite drinking. Like Dizilizid, I have tried moderation and failed, for years - and finally I went cold turkey. All the best to you,
            Hill
            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Hey, I'm new

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ing-42332.html HOPE THIS HELPS YOU STACER GOOD LUCK Trucker123

Comment

Hey, I'm new

:welcome: Stacer you have found the right place to help you on your journey. Good Luck and look forward to speaking to you. Keep reading and posting and take ODAT it really does get better :h
                Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Hey, I'm new

IMHO the best way to start is by reading My Way Out and follow the program!
                  This forum is only a portion of it. The support is great!
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hey, I'm new

hi stacer welcome to mwo,it has a great community here with lots of support and good advice,read & read as many posts/threads as you can and you will see you are not alone,hope you give yourself a chance and you stick around.;-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hey, I'm new

Hi, Stacer...
                      This is a good place to spend your evenings. Another thing that's been helpful for me is reading. Make sure you have a good supply of books on hand. Take long walks, etc. Anything that takes you away from your usual habits.

:welcome:

Comment

Working...
                      X