Made it past day 10AF.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made it past day 10AF.

Hi everyone. Just to let you all know, i've made it past 10AF days and startin day 11 feels great. Had some hectic cravings, but have managed to push through. One thing, has anyone here ever felt God calling to them? Cause yesterday i had such a strong feeling of God, and an authors name just popped into my head. I went up the road to the second hand bookshop, and i found a book by this exact author. He's a christian author. So i feel a strong God force tryin to help me. I gave my heart and soul to God and i seem to hav a complete Peace in my heart, mind and soul. I've never before believed, and i always hated the idea of christianity, but this strong pullin force has me hooked, and has me believing. I know now that God was the missing piece in my life. Oh, and i found a little kitten out in the rain. Seems wild. So i've named her pixie and i'm gonna keep her. I've turned my life to God. The author is Max Lucado, the book is called Turn. It's really done somethin inside me. Hava great day. And God bless
    Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
    AF since 04th May 2010
    Fell overboard on the 8th July!
    My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
    :crazymonkey:

Made it past day 10AF.

diz

great work making it to day 11! (me too!:l)

i'm glad you have found something to uplift you, something you can focus on. you sound really positive! and daddy to a kitty now too?

who has time for al?

well done diz and enjoy your new focuses. hang in there mate x:goodjob:
    The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Made it past day 10AF.

Oh girly. I forgot you're on the same day as me. That is so awesome. Well done to you too. Have you had cravings etc. Cause i'm not using any meds or anythin for that matter. Just sheer willpower and determination. Yeah, i and daddy to a little girly kitten and she's so adorable. Very nervous of us. I think she's a bit wild. Found her lying outside in the rain, i saved her life. Hava great day girly. You and i can keep this goin, and be sidekicks. God Bless and strength, love and Peace to you.
      Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
      AF since 04th May 2010
      Fell overboard on the 8th July!
      My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
      :crazymonkey:

Comment

Made it past day 10AF.

Absolutely brilliant - well done. Great that you have found God - he is always there and you will always find great support at your local church. I am a cat lover also have two. They do say you do not find a cat a cat finds you. Sounds to me like Pixie was a little lost soul who found someone to share her life with. You just keep going.

QQ
        Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Comment

Made it past day 10AF.

yes certainly sounds like pixie found you diz. life saver!

i have had cravings and i am considering coming off the antabuse because i am very very tired and i'm worried how much damage it's doing to my liver. ironic isnt it, that for 10 tears i can poison my liver with al without a second thought yet it scares me to take a pill?

think i'm so wary becuse it's not prescribed. gonna have a think about my situation later and post for advice. don't give in to those cravings diz. you can come here or turn to your god in times of weakness xx great that we can support each other!
          The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Made it past day 10AF.

Well done!! That's awesome. 10 days is such a great achievement. You are probably starting to feel great, right?

I'm a born again Christian and God has been pulling for me all the way. He gives me reason not to give in and gives me strength. Please feel free to PM me if you'd like to I'd be happy.

I'm double happy for you!! 10 Days is fantastic and following God's calling to you even greater!! With Him, you can do it for sure!!

Btw. The What you believe section has been very quiet. Why don't you open a new thread there on your experiences at curren in terms of your beliefs?!
            Stay Blessed, Johnny
            AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Made it past day 10AF.

Fantastic on starting day 11 Dizilid, I have never experienced God but I have read alot of people who do and it really turns their life around. I once read about Eric Clapton and when he became sober some 20 plus years ago he was reported saying he fell to his knees and prayed to God to help him and he reckons this is what saved him. :h
              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Made it past day 10AF.

Well done you two on Day 11. I'm on Day 10, just behind you. I've been here before a few times, but hope to do it this time. I'm having cravings, and those thoughts of - I haven't had a drink for X days, so I today will be fine - yet I know that it won;t be like that. I just love the taste of wine. But I'm going to do it until I hope a light bulb goes on and I won't need to argue with myself anymore. Anyways, another day

Comment

Made it past day 10AF.

Hi D, congratulations on your 11 days af, you should really be proud of yourself. Keep up the great work,
                  Hill
                  Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
                  X