Just starting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just starting out

I'm new here. I've been trying and trying to stop. Seems one glass leads to several more. The most I've gone is 5 days without wine. Reading these posts encourages me. I just want to make it 10 days. I want to stop.
    :butterfly:

Just starting out

Welcome Inspired!
    You've found a great place to begin your journey towards becoming alcohol free. Take a look around and read some of the inspirational stories throughout, and feel free to post as much as you like. This is a great place for support and encouragement. I look forward to getting to know you!
    :welcome:
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Just starting out

Hello Inspired
      So glad you’ve decided to join us - WELCOME !!!
      Your statement ‘I want to stop’ is immensely powerful. I wish you well on your journey - you deserve to be well!
      Stay close & ask anything you need to
      Gold x
      :sun:

Comment

Just starting out

:welcome: Inspired as you have already read you have come to a great place, good luck on journey
        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Just starting out

:welcome: Inspired,

Just adding my hellos.

Have a click on the link below to help you get a plan started.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Keep reading,keep posting and we look forward to getting to know you.

J x
          :l
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just starting out

hi inspired, good to have you here. 5 days was the most i had gone without as well. that was my goal. i made it and now i am over 2 months AF. you have found a great place for support and advice. you can do this
            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Just starting out

Hello Inspired and welcome. Like you I am unable to stop at just one glass of wine, I lost that ability some time ago. I joined MWO last Sunday and I have to say it is like someone opened a window into my life. Such a rich terrain of support and information. Keep reading and posting! All the best NT
              While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Just starting out

Hi Inspired to stop - me too! I am not a heavy drinker but it is getting ridiculous and has been for ages. I think I can get away with it but my organs (I think it's my liver) are now objecting and telling me otherwise. I researched this tonight and it seems that binge drinking is not as bad as my type of drinking. Lately I have been on about 1/2 bottle of wine a night which might not seem much compared to some but I do a very physically demanding job and advise people on heath. So to add to all this cr*p I feel like a hypocrite as well to boot! Nothing tonight and pretty good at stopping but no so hot at staying stopped.
                So I came across this site and saw you're in the same place as me. Good luck too..

Comment

Just starting out

Hi Inspired to stop, and welcome. It is great that you realize that your pattern of drinking is not healthy - that is a great first step. One day at a time alcohol free (af), and you will add those days up till you have ten in a row. It is hard work at first to change your habits, so perhaps stock up on pop or tea or some drink you enjoy. You can do it.
                  Hill
                  Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Just starting out

Hi Inspired - Just want to say hi and well done on 5 days AF.
                    The most I managed in a row in the whole of 2009 was 3 days and now its over 100.....
                    In the beginning the best way is to do it ODAT one day at a time, if you concentrate on that the days will soon clock up as Hillside says.

If you need any help or find you are struggling please come here for support :l
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

Just starting out

Hey Inspired. Welcome, welcome!! This place has given me a lot of backbone and support towards achieving my goals. There is a heck of a lot of resource here as well so keep reading and posting and strart dotting out a plan for yourselve. I'm sure you can guess that there's not the one right way for everyone. This is where I started out, found some useful information on certain supplements and was well on my way.|!!

I wish you the best of luck!!
                      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Working...
                      X