ODAT Saturday 15th May 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like to start this because it was here long before I was around, but nobody else has today! Its the one I like best because I can only do one day at a time.

I guess this is day one again. I managed two. Hopeless.

Well, I'm back to painting the kitchen. Feels like it will never be finished!

Hope everyone is ok and doing better than me. And that KatieB's move and MammaBear's graduation weekend are going well.

And it was aaaaaall yellow!! (my kitchen, Coldplay - can't stop singing it)

Good for you for starting the thread,every else must be still asleep :-)managing two days is not hopeless,its a start,so work on it...its good your taking it one day at a time,it took me a long time before i could even try that.goodluck to mamabears & katieb.have a great day everyone.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Think of this littleowl when your down.
      There are 2 days in every week about which we should not worry........2 days which should be kept free from FEAR & APPREHENSION,One of these days is yesterday,with all its mistakes & cares,its faults & blunders & its aches & pains.
      YESTERDAY has passed forever beyond our control,All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday.we cannot undo a single act performed.We cannot erase a single word said....Yesterday is gone
      The other day we should not worry about is TOMORROW.
      Tomorrow is beyond our control,it has not arrived......yet. Tomorrow,s sun will raise,whether in splendour or behind a mask of clouds.but it will rise.until it does,we have no stake in tomorrow.This leaves only one day........TODAY. Anyone can fight the battles of just one-day. It is when you add the burdens of those awfull two days together......yesterday & tomorrow.....that we break down.........
      Let us therefore live one day at a time......

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Amen brother.

And a safe, sober, and magical day to everyone!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Very nice Mario...
          Little Owl...2 days is GREAT......better than I do sometimes....this is not a race, but a process of growing strong and sober....
          have fun painting...yick!
          Graduation was lovely and my son looked so handsome...
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

You will see soon enough my friend.....
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mario thank you so much for that. I have been so down for the last few weeks for lots of reasons, one of them the far past, but also the recent past, taking it one day at a time is a good idea. Today I am not going to drink. I might fall off the steps again while I'm painting, and this time I may not have put down the tin of paint first!

MammaBear, glad it went well. Did you shed a tear? I've done that ever since my two first stood up at a school assembly. I've sniffed my way through nativity plays, shows, its wonderful to see them growing up isn't it. Fun painting?! I find it quite relaxing, but I have a big kitchen and I didn't realise how long it was going to take me! Still got the door surrounds, ends of the cupboards, pipes to do. I'm getting a bit sick of it!

Spam, goodnight. I can't get used to these time zones. Sounds like you have a busy weekend! Stringing days together is what I'm trying to do. I am drinking less than I did last year and that has to be good.

Guitarista, today does feel magical. The sun is shining. I just popped round to see my son and his girlfriend. He always cheers me up. My kitchen is looking brighter after a few coats of paint. And I am sober. Do you play guitar? Do you have a band? I go to watch local bands near where I live quite often.

Comment

HI guys,

Back from my trip. Survived yesterday evenings free booze party with my colleagues and stayed dry.

LIttle Owl, ODAT is a brilliant motto. Today's got enough trouble in itself. Dont' worry about how you're going to cope for the rest of your life not drinking, keep trying to beat this ODAT. The end of the day is the goal line
                Someone here on the board told me here a little while ago, if you're not going to make it thorugh tomorrow before you've made it through today. It made a lot of sense to me.

The ODAT thread has been around since before I joined (I think, it might have come into being shortly after I joined end 2008). As Spam said, there's no ownership on this thread. It seems a bit intimidating to join a thread (or start it), when there's such a familiar atmosphere between the posters but after two or three days you'll feel like part of the family. That's how i've always felt on and off the board.
                AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Hi JohnnyH

I do feel more comfortable here now. To begin with I couldn't keep track of everybody!

Well done for surviving the trip. That must have been so difficult. I seem to be ok if I don't leave the house!

Comment

Working...
                  X