Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The thought of abstinence: bleak, dull and scary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi BS- everythin that these people tell you is truth. They helped me. I'm on day 16AF and i'm still goin strong. It's the reading and posting on this site. The people on this site keep you motivated and we are all in the exact same 'Titanic'. So who will drown and who will swim? The AA teaches that without knowin God, you can never recover. Now i'm not sure how you feel about that, or about how anyone on this site feels about God, but i hav only recently been found by Him. And my life has literally changed in front of me and everyone that knows me. We can't stay sober alone. The more we help others the more we help ourselves, and if you hand over your problems to God to carry, then he will, because he wants to give you free time to fix you own heart and mind. Anyway, just my penny's worth. Good luck with your mission. For me, moderation does NOT work. Never has, never will. So be honest with yourself and do this for yourself. Alcohol almost killed me. I hav almost lost my entire family and employment. Alcohol is the devil. Who agrees? Ok i'll shut up now. Hava beautiful day everyone. Peace, love and strength. God Bless
    Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
    AF since 04th May 2010
    Fell overboard on the 8th July!
    My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
    :crazymonkey:

Comment

Hi Binger - loved the advice given by everyone, welcome to this wonderful place, full of great people who share so much. Helping others is a great secret to healing ourselves.

Hi to dizi, loved what you had to say. It was right on the nail for me...and may the peace of god that transends all understanding guard your heart and mind forever.

Best wishes
      H
      Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

Working...
      X