It's written all over your face!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome posts "not tonight" !! I am so glad you decided to start with *not tonight* last week. Excellent!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Cynthia Ozick

After a certain number of years, our faces become our biographies.
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

N.T.

Great job on 7 days !! Thanks so much for your inspirational post. When we feel good and look good, everything else in life is just so much easier to deal with.

No plans for drinking tonight !!
        Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

excellent post - yes, drinking does have and effect on your looks, and also your waisline! It's full of calories, but even worse it makes you loose inhibitions and drink more!! I've managed 13 days, and I must admit I feel better, with less thoughts of AL and fewer cravings. Hope it lasts. Am away on holiday for a few days. Best of luck to everyone

Comment

I never had the nerve to take a picture of the "hangover" me....ugh, it was just too disgusting for words. I guess I should have, but the mental image is clear enough in my mind without really seeing it. HA!!!
            Congrats to all of you who had the courage to face it and are taking steps to not ever look like that again!
            xoxo
            K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

OverIt2007;859659 wrote: Very Beautifully Put! Your on your way...

You know, this just dawned on me...

Its not just our faces we deal with. Its the faces of our loved ones too. Its the sad look of a child whos mother is too hungover to get out of bed, or the happy face of a child who's mother is feeling good and wants to play. Just saying our faces extend into the lives of those we touch, and the way we deal with our problems is written on the faces of those we love too.
              This really touched my heart Overit, beautifully written
              AF since April 19, 2010
              NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
              -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Overit your post brought a tear to my eye. I echo what daybyday said "beautifully written"
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Overit - that is exactly what I mean, not just about your looks, but what your loved ones around you see inside of you, what your are becoming in their eyes.
                  While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                  Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Oh thank you

I am the mother of a little boy and he has seen both sides of me, the good and the bad. I am determined that he has a happy childhood filled with many happy memories of Mommy and me. All children deserve that, its not about me anymore.

Have a blessed day!
                    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X