Day 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2

Ok, so...I didn't sleep much last night. I do feel proud of myself for not drinking last night, but I feel sort of like crap because I couldn't sleep. Quite different from how I usually sleep....drink until I pass out then not open my eyes till the morning, not remember how I even got to bed. I think I will get something to help me sleep tonight.....NO ALCOHOL (I hope).

Sorry if I rant, posting feels therapeutic to me. And it helped yesterday because I kept going back to read what I wrote and what you guys wrote to me. I am nervous about today. I always say the next morning that I am not going to drink tonight, but ususally by 3 or 4 in the evening, I tell myself just one more night....then go get my wine so I can start right when I get off work. I am determined that I will not drink tonight because I DON"T WANT TO DRINK ANYMORE!!

So here I am at day two. I know today will be harder than last night. I really want to do this, but so scared I stop by one of the many stores on the way home with the excuse of..."I will just have one glass". I know that is not true, I know I can't stop at one glass. I know after I finish the first bottle, I will drive next door for my 2nd bottle. I know I will wake up tomorrow and not remember going to get the 2nd bottle and hate myself. NO MORE!!! I am not going to do it!!! I want to be the person I use to know.

"I don't want to drink anymore" "Not Tonight" "I don't drink" "moment by moment"

I will be repeating this sooooo many times today.

Day 2

Thank you sheri!

I AM NOT GOING TO DRINK TODAY (OR TONIGHT) EITHER...no ifs, ands, or buts...and I'm stickin with that plan for today no matter what!
    Another good quote that I will keep repeating today. Thank you so much!

Comment

Day 2

keep looking ahead looking ahead, it does & will get better ,one day at a time.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Day 2

well done looking ahead. I have done the same a s yourself many times. I am on day 4 AF and find getting over to sleep difficult, as you say, in the past getting over to sleep has not been a problem and I have been semi comatose! ODAT

Comment

Day 2

It was soooooo hard not to stop, I almost did more than once. Now that I am home, I am pacing and thinking about picking up my keys. But I am NOT going to. I don't want to drink anymore. I am trying to use the excuse that maybe I need to wean off and just drink tonight and not tomorrow night. But I am not having any withdrawals sx. No need to wean off, just feeling anxious. Not sure what to do with myself!!!

Comment

Day 2

Sleeping settles down eventually and feels great once you do get there. A few days of discomfort are nothing compared to time wasted drinking. So just keep going and it does get easier - honestly. I tried stopping hundreds of time and as a binge-drinker I went through detox several more times that.

Just plod on and ODAT.

Comment

Day 2

keep posting. Bitch, moan, rant, cry scream....whatever it takes.... try this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaG9SDxwPBg[/video]]YouTube - Train - Calling All Angels

Comment

Day 2

All great suggestions. Most important is the satisfaction you will feel as you battle through and BEAT IT!!!
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Day 2

Thank you for you UK and new one. I actually feel a little better. Went to the chat room. Am back to feeling determined! I am going to do this! How are you doing New One?

Comment

Day 2

Thanks techie! I love the song New One!! will keep playing it for a little while. :-)

Comment

Day 2

Don't just play it! Sing it! Feel it!

Sing it like you mean it! Sing man sing!

Throw you arems in the air and SING!!!!!!!! ...lol

LookingAhead;860747 wrote: Thanks techie! I love the song New One!! will keep playing it for a little while. :-)

Comment

Day 2

I'm singing!! I pick my keys up, put them down, pick them up, put them down!!! I'm praying! I'm pacing! I'm singing! I'm posting and posting! BUT I am not drinking!! I can do this!!!!!!!!

Comment

Day 2

Step away from the keys! Now! Back up! We are not driving tonight!

Do you have any B vitamins? Are you shakey?

Comment

Day 2

Truthfully I am doing okay. I am not craving. I'm a binge drinker. I only drink about once a week unless I go on a bender. A bender can last 2 to 3 days.

I dink too much when I do drink...of course. The thought of one or two gives me the heebie jeebies. I don't like the buzz of one or two. I 'm usually out for oblivion, not tipsey.

Hey, have you ever tried melatonin for sleeping?

LookingAhead;860745 wrote: Thank you for you UK and new one. I actually feel a little better. Went to the chat room. Am back to feeling determined! I am going to do this! How are you doing New One?

Comment

Day 2

I did pick up the keys. My son wanted pizza so I went and got it for him. But was the perfect excuse to pick up some AL. I got the four pack so I wouldn't drink as much. I drank 3 but threw the other away. I don't know if that is failure, but I feel so mad at myself. I threw the 3 empty bottles....and one full in the dumpster. I don't know how this quiting thing works. It is much less than I normally drink, I took a Benadryl and hope I will go to sleep soon.....before I want more. I didn't make 48 hours. Why can't I do that? I am not falling over drunk, but I still had alcohol. How do I do this? I see all your posts and think I can do the same. But I didn't! I want to do this so bad! so why don't I? I feel bad that everyone was so nice to respond, and I still didn't do even 2 days without. How do I change? What makes you get through night number 2?

Comment

Working...
                              X