Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1 of stiteal's 30 day challenge!

Hello again!

I have not been on here in several months, as I was doing wonderful with moderating (no drinks during the week, only Friday/Saturday). However, during a trip for a wedding, I started drinking every evening and when I came home, I didn't stop. It has been two weeks and I think I have only gone a night or two AF...so it's time to kick myself into gear again. We are still trying to get preggo, so this is as good a time as any!! I would love the continued support of the angels on this site and look forward to reconnecting/supporting you guys too!!!

AF1 out of AF30...let's do this thing!!!

Hugs!
    :yougo:stiteal

For my family, for my health, for me...

Hi Stiteal, Nice to meet you. Well, everyone on here is certainly pulling for you! You sound very determined, thats what it takes to succeed for sure.

Best of luck to you getting preggers too! Now, if you get preggers, you will certainly have lots of AF time. Good luck with both of your goals!

Overit
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Mandatory AF time is what I'm looking forward too. Right now, I drink because I can. So, hoping a little AF time will do me some good...will also be curious if it helps us get preggo...we are in the middle of "try" number 4. We'll see. I am a mental addict to anything and everything, and AL (wine in particular) has def been the hardest of all my habits to kick/control...sleeping pills and nosespray were a breeze compared to Al! Thanks for the cheerleading, I need it. How long have you been AF?
      :yougo:stiteal

For my family, for my health, for me...

Comment

Hey Stiteal,

Good luck for your 30 day challenge. And good luck with the baby business. Proud father of two little ones myself. Youngest of the two only 8 months. What a blessing. My kids have definately motivated me in kicking this. So hope that your amibtions to have a baba will do the same for you!!

You go girl!!
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Welcome back Stiteal!! Great to see you back here and I'm with you on the 30 days!! Don't know if you need to loose weight but if you do you'll prob loose heaps when AF and that makes it easier to get preggers. You're probably a stick insect but just an idea!!
          Onwards with the 30 days
          Molly
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hi again Stiteal,

Unfortunately, I am NOT AF, but using this site, like you to make changes and improvement. I suppose I have made improvements, I keep track of everytime I drink and I do notice my days are getting fewer and fewer. Its a battle for sure.
            I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

I miss those times when we were trying to get pregnant (note how I say we. lol. Like we fathers have to go through any of the suffering at all..) Good times... How it all changes once the baba is there. :-D
              AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Cross Post.

Over It. My favorite saying, The journey is the goal. I believe as long as we're fighting we're winning anyways.
                AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Mornin Stiteal! Bet that hangover is gone today! Am headin out in a while so just saying Hi, have a nice sober day and will check back in later
                  Molly
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hi there Stiteal! Welcome back, I had been wondering what happened to you. Well done on the cutting down, I try, but like you if I find it difficult and I think the only way is to stop completely. I don't even enjoy it any more. I don't know if I dare say I will join you on this challenge. I've said day one now so many times now its getting silly! But I wish you lots of luck with the 30 days, and you have a wonderful reason for doing it, good luck with the getting preggers too! Children are truly a miracle, mine are grown up now but are still giving me so much joy.

Comment

Hey Stiteal, How is it going there with you today?!
                      AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X