ODAT Sat 22nd May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Sat 22nd May

Techie, I said "I need to lose half a stone" a couple of times. You have to say something to get past the moment, but then it seems to be alright.

Overit and Mamabear, I drank a little too last night. Two cans of lager. I have drunk far more in the past, but last night, and today, it seems like a lot for some reason.

Putting the 0 on the tracker at the beginning of the day seemed to work. Hubby invited me to meet him for a pizza when he finished work. He had a red wine, I hesitated, but I'd been out all day and was really hot so I had a diet coke!! He never said a word. At one point his red wine seemed more on my half of the small round table than his, but I don't like red much anyway.

It has occured to me that way back in January, when I first found this place one day with bad memories of the night before and a very bad hangover, I tried really hard. I managed 11 days I think, I can't remember now. Since then I've had lots of day ones, but I don't think I've tried very hard at all.

Hope you're doing well at the party Johnnyh!

Comment

ODAT Sat 22nd May

Little Owl
      I joined in February and have not managed a week yet.....someone here said this is not a race....we just have to keep plugging away.....
      don't beat yourself up...two cans of lager ain't jack!!!!!!
      we have to keep on keepin on
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

ODAT Sat 22nd May

Yip. The journey is the goal I like to say.

Made it back safe from the party. My wife is a little drunk and it irritates me a bit. But then she had to put up with this from me for years non stop. It makes me realise how annoying I must have been.

All in all a nice civilised party actually.
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT Sat 22nd May

Don't you beat yourself up either mamabear! At least we're all trying, which is better than not trying at all. And we all recognise its a problem, or we wouldn't be here. I'm so glad I managed to get out "diet coke please" at the pizza place. I was driving, so might have had just one beer, but that would have started me off and I probably would have stopped for some beer or wine on the way home.

I bet you are drinking less than you would be if you didn't come here every day? I know I am, however band I am some nights.

Comment

ODAT Sat 22nd May

Nighty night Odat family. What an exhausting day.

Mama Bear and everyone else. I luv you guys. Just keep doing what you're doing. As long as you're fighting you're not losing, right?!!

Be blessed.
            AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT Sat 22nd May

Sorry Johnnyh, I didn't see your post! You are back and didn't drink, thats really good! I'm glad the party went well.

I'm going to put another yellow 0 in the drink tracker for tomorrow before I go to sleep, it worked for today.

Comment

ODAT Sat 22nd May

I found Techies quiz. I seem to be Omega6 deficient and Allergic, now I'm seriously worried because it mentioned damage to the immune system. And there I was worrying about my heart and my liver! Oh well, I can try my best from now on and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                X