Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AWOL for a few days.

Hi

Not been here for a few days and have been having a bit of a nightmare. Still not drinking as much as a I used to, but last night went completely stupid.

I have been taking Kudzu and ran out over a week ago. Did not think it was doing much and thought I was doing great with my own willpower. I now realise how much it has been helping to reduce my craving. Have ordered 2 months supply as I see this is the way forward for me at the moment. I know at some point I have to go this alone without meds but will cross that bridge when I feel ready.

I am now sitting here 'enjoying' a drink of Orange Fanta Zero.

QQ
    Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

AWOL for a few days.

QQ - good for you to order more Kudzu. I know it's hard - life seems to get so complicated, but keep trying to go AF. I remember early on My Way Out someone described the craving for AL like a wave - let it flow thru you and it will go away. It does work, the tricky part is to ignore the craving long enough that you don't have it anymore.

Comment

AWOL for a few days.

Hi QQ,

I just ran out of Kudzu too. Don't know why I let the pills get so low before I re-ordered!! Glad yours is on the way. Hope your supply arrives soon and that with willpower and the kudzu you can get back to your goal.

In the meantime, enjoy your Fanta!

Comment

AWOL for a few days.

Okay, this is too strange. Seems two of us share a similar name (4myhealth and 4myhealth41) AND we're both from Colorado!
        NF - 3/17/09

AF since 5/24/10

Comment

AWOL for a few days.

Lads, my ex-drinkin brain has shrunk enough witout tryin to work out who is who haha!
          QQ, you're back, that's the main thing, whatever crutch you need, use it. I swore I would never be one of those pill-popping middle aged sad ladies - rubbish, I'm perfectly happy to take a sleeper now if not sleepy, sleep is my achilles heel.
          Farm Girl is right, those urges come - and boy are they strong sometime - but like she says, they go, just let them wash over in the knowledge they'll be gone in half an hour.
          Have a nice day, sober everyone
          Molly
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

AWOL for a few days.

QQ,

Good to have you back on board mate!

You can do it! Just make sure you got extra supply this time. Don't really have to be thinking to much about the future i'd say. Take it ODAT.
            I use to have these thoughts a lot and they weren't helpful. I took Antabuse and use to think, well, this isn't always gonna be there, so how to have the will power when I have the power of decision again? Well.. It didn't help. Use whatever croutches, help you can get!! I believe you have to humble yourself to beat this and take all the help you can get.

Just take your supps, whatever helps you!! You can beat this!!
            AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

AWOL for a few days.

QQ//get the L-Glut too!
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

AWOL for a few days.

Thanx Peeps

Back on track Kudzu will be here mid-week. Have thought about L-Glut so may just give that a try. I have found the Kudzu seems to help with the menopause hot flushes also. That got me down getting them again during the UK's warmest tempuratures so far this year. As I am putting my make-up on it is sliding off my face - Yuk!

We live and learn and I have learnt I need to stick with the meds for the time being.

Gonna catch up on my ironing now - double yuk!!

Luv ya all

QQ

Comment

AWOL for a few days.

i am drunk, yet again. but know i need to stop

Comment

AWOL for a few days.

redredwine I know it's tough but try and pull it toether for a fresh start at this tomorrow. Take care of yourself. I had alot of cravings today but held fast (by the grace of God). Talk to you RRW!?
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

AWOL for a few days.

RedRW, come back here this morning and talk, what happened yesterday was yesterday.
                      Molly
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

AWOL for a few days.

Hi QQ,
                        Sounds like you have been in the same nightmare as me!
                        At least you are drinking fanta now.. and I am drinking water!
                        At least you are also here getting help, this is the place to be..
                        Katie xxx
                        "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

AWOL for a few days.

You are all my very bestest friends. I know you are always here.

RRW do not give up - wanting to quit is half the battle - I have to admit red wine was my downfall and I will not drink it now. My drinking got a lot worse when I started drinking red wine. When I have had a drink (since joining here) I reduced the red and started to have white instead, it has has helped me cut down maybe a way to help reduce your intake? Another thing I did to reduce my intake of AL was spritzers. Not only is the alcohol diluted with the added soda it also makes for a longer drink and again can help reduce consumption.

Oh and I did do a bit of the ironing, gonna do some more tonight whilst it has cooled down a bit.

QQ

Comment

AWOL for a few days.

Redredwine,
                            How are you doing today? Let us know!
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                            X