ODAT - 24th May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - 24th May

Ok my turn to start the thread today - cos I need it to be here!

New week. New start. (again - but let's not think about that!) I NEED some abstinent days under my belt - I look shit and have been on a long run of drinking days. I have a plan for the week and beyond but am going to take it one day at a time with all you guys. And I have got to learn to be kind to myself too.....cut myself some slack. Help with that much appreciated!

Wonderful sunny day here in the UK. Going to make the most of it.

Love to all to come.

Bessie x

ODAT - 24th May

Mornin Bessie, Not so sunny here this morning so will have a wee lie on, am on a couple of weeks leave so lazy days!!
    You're dead right, a quick kick up the arse and then stop beating yourself up - that's my motto! Actually I reckon low self esteem can be a biggy for sending us back to the bottle, so yes today IS today, yesterday is over. Today I will be sober with you OK?
    Have a nice day and will be checkin in later to see who else is round
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

ODAT - 24th May

Morning Bessie, Morning Molly,

Bessie, You can do it. Just believe it. One step, one day, one hour at a time.

Overit, whenever you come here, How'd the date go?????

Will be busy today so popping in sporadically.

Have a great AF day.
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT - 24th May

Hi everyone

Great to see you back Bessie. Onward and upwards. Had a fab week-end weather wise but very dull today. Just got a pile of painting done so now have to do the cleaning!!

Have a great week everyone.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT - 24th May

I am ODAT with you too Bessie......let's put on our Superwoman capes and make it happen!!
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

ODAT - 24th May

Hi Everyone - its definately ODAT with me. I think the goverment should raise the drinking age to say 100 :H:H:H Catch you all later just sneaking a read - back to work .....
            Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

ODAT - 24th May

hahahahahhah Panno!!

Comment

ODAT - 24th May

lol. Yeah. But like that would keep us, hey?! Might be helluva complicated though to make yourself look that old.

Remember though being 15 and trying to get some booze, used to dress up in one of my fathers suits thinking that would make me look waaaay older. Well it worked most of the times actually. I think though they might have let me get away with it for 'good effort' lol.
                AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT - 24th May

Good Morning Everyone!

Hope the beginning of your week is just the start of a great one today!!

Ew, today is my bartending day, definately need some extra strength to be ODAT today, but it CAN be done. Its just a little bit harder for me today with it right in my face. Ick.

Johnny, thank you for asking about my date. It was very nice! This is a whole new experience to date a Non drinker, and I like it!! Its progressing along very very slow, but I think it could be a great thing. We sat and talked for a long time at a coffee place. We talked about God, life, just stuff. He is DEFINATLY a Christian, and not just somebody who says he is, but a real one who walks the walk, and talks the talk. Its great. Time will tell and really only God knows what is in store. One small step at a time. Im a person who rushes into things and not very patient. This is a learning experience to be patient.

Have a blessed day friends! Sending positive energy and love your way :l
                  I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

ODAT - 24th May

OverIt2007;866295 wrote: Good Morning Everyone!

Hope the beginning of your week is just the start of a great one today!!

Ew, today is my bartending day, definately need some extra strength to be ODAT today, but it CAN be done. Its just a little bit harder for me today with it right in my face. Ick.

:l
                    Now THAT would be tough. Like hanging out at the buffet when you are fasting!
                    Coco

Comment

ODAT - 24th May

OverIt2007;866295 wrote:
                      Johnny, thank you for asking about my date. It was very nice! This is a whole new experience to date a Non drinker, and I like it!! Its progressing along very very slow, but I think it could be a great thing. We sat and talked for a long time at a coffee place. We talked about God, life, just stuff. He is DEFINATLY a Christian, and not just somebody who says he is, but a real one who walks the walk, and talks the talk. Its great. Time will tell and really only God knows what is in store. One small step at a time. Im a person who rushes into things and not very patient. This is a learning experience to be patient.

Have a blessed day friends! Sending positive energy and love your way :l
                      Hey Overit,

That is absolutely awesome!!! Really. I'm so happy. You sound positive and teh oke sounds really decent. Remember, Steel sharpens steel, so to potentially be with someone that shares the faith, that doesn't drink would realy be fantastic!!
                      And really do take your time. This might be the foundation of something really great.

I'm so excited, honestly, not just saying it because it's so easy on the other side of a computer.

Stay blessed friend.
                      AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

ODAT - 24th May

Hello all,

Lets hear it for cherry cola! So glad I had that in the fridge after a very stressful day!!

Glad the date went well Overit.

I'm exhausted.

Thinking about trying some of the kudzu for hot flushes! I just looked it up and its a natural plant isn't it? I've never been keen on taking anything, but I get fed up with feeling like I'm being microwaved and my clothes sticking to me. My friend at work (who is only 40) once said "ooh, you've caught the sun" I said "no I'm just a bit hot" and 5 minutes later was back to my normal colour!!

I think I just read that on another thread. It doesn't seem to be here. I've had a busy day.

zzzzzzzzz

Comment

ODAT - 24th May

rest well little owl

Comment

ODAT - 24th May

Good evenings.

yummy. Cherry cola. Don't even think they sell this stuff over here anymore. Hope you have a restfull evening/night.

How are you Mama?!!
                            AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

ODAT - 24th May

Argh.... Actually just realised what the time is.

I'll catch up with yous tomorrow. Bed is calling. Gotta be up early.
                              AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X