Please Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help!!

I am trying to quit again. I tried 4 times in 2008, and failed, even though I had the support of all of the great people on here. You can read my past threads. Since 2008 my drinking has gotten worse and worse. Anywhere from 12-30 beers a night. Sometimes going through 6 cases a week. I have to quit this time. My girlfriend of 5 years, who has barly stuck with me through this is saying thats it. I'm starting to become more and more violent, and not even remembering it. I am currently re-taking the ativan and the prozac that they perscribed to me in 08. I can't fail this time, I will loose everything, house, car, family, everything. So here we go again........i have worked my way down to 2 a night, and so far tonight i've only had 1. It is really really hard. My chest feels really tight, and it feels hard to breath. I am not sleeping well and i'm having anxioety attacks durring the day at work. It just feels like my body is in constant panick mode. So here goes nothing, tomorrow will be Day 1.............Please help me friends, I can't fail again.

Please Help!!

welcome back and just do your best and use everything you can think of... have you thought about aa... you may learn alot and well theres alot you can learn here too .. just read and keep posting .. and also come to chat at night ..there is usally someone in there and we all love to help one another ..
    so lets do this together .. also come to the ..get your ass in gear thread...
    great group of people and well stay strong and keep thinking positive and take it but one day at a time
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Please Help!!

TLB,

I went to rehab twice. Now, do not misunderstand me. Stint #2 didn't do it either. :-(

However, I do remember one of my counselors looking at me and saying "you are lucky to be here. Many never make it back."

You are here and so am I.

Never, ever give up trying to give up.

Our lives are not meant to be lost to the bottle. We must fight.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Please Help!!

I beleive in you, you now just need to beleive in yourself
        Warm thoughts and gentle dreams your way TLB
        Chickey Babe

Comment

Please Help!!

Welcome back TLB,
          Yep, like the rest of us you have got into a mess with the booze. Bottom line you know you have to give up. Whether you can do it safely without medical help, I don't know maybe someone can help there. But you know from previous attempts, the way you feel now just starts to melt away after even 3-4 days AF. It is unbelieveable how quickly you can start feeling human - just stop drinking - thats it -solution. I don't think you should re-use meds from a couple of years ago tho, things may have changed, why don't you go to the doc and unload your burden? I know that was one of the most important things I did so far.
          Best of luck and keep posting we are all here and ready to listen and help any way we can - after all we are all in the same boat - battling the beast!
          Molly
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Please Help!!

TLB,
            I feel your pain. I too have narrowly escaped ending up alone killing myself and relationships with alcohol. I stayed up when everyone else went to bed to get drunk to the point of blacking out - everynight. In a half assed attempt to cut down on my drinking (I still wanted my cake and eat it too), I found out about Naltrexone - a drug that many take that eventually (could be up to a year, maybe never) that eventually is supposed to remove the addiction of alcohol from your brain. I went to my doctor about it and he suggested Baclofen which had proven to have success. Skeptical yet willing to go on his advice, I started taking baclofen. That was four months ago. I have not had a drink for 3.5 months and I have no desire for alcohol whatsoever. I was the guy that didnt want to give it up completely. I was the guy that could not be around friends and not drink. I was the guy that could never let anyone know what a failure i was. That has all changed and I can tell you that this life without alcohol is sooo much better. So positive.
            I can tell you more about any of this if you like, it is so great on this side.
            Good luck.

Comment

Please Help!!

Hi TLB, well done so far, stick with it and come and chat and post as often as you can, we are all here for you, love and hug's Twitch xxx

Comment

Please Help!!

Right now i think the Ativan is the only thing keeping me from loosing my mind!!!!!

Comment

Please Help!!

TL,
                  Do u want to go to chat for a few?

Comment

Please Help!!

Home from work now. I feel like i've been having an asthma attack since about 2:00 this afternoon. I can't afford to go to the doc. I'm going to wal-mart to get something to help me breath. So day 1........made it through so far without AL, now this is the hardest part, AFTER WORK.

Comment

Please Help!!

TLB, hang in there! The toughest part is the first couple days. Obviously we all think about AL and what we are missing/don't have. Don't fall into that trap and give in.

I've posted this before - about myself - I don't have options here. I have to be AF. And sounds like you are on the the same road. So take a step back, think about things you can do to keep busy. Stay positive, take it one day at a time.

Stay strong as we have all been there, still there - you can make it thru this!

Comment

Please Help!!

Picked me up some Primatene Mist........It seems to help my breathing. And some 7UP, the only cold carbonated thing in a can that doesn't have caffein or sugar.......well besides AL. Doing good so far.........just need to get outa the house

Comment

Please Help!!

TLB, it is great that your are writing out how you feel. It sounds like you know you need to quite, but perhaps the stakes are higher than 2008. If you have had a real "pivotal moment" when you realise what you will have ripped from your life if you keep drinking, than that can be a good thing. Some experts believe it takes something severe, to help us step back and out of our addiction, to then be ready to move towards treatment. All the best to you, one day at a time.
                          Hill
                          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Please Help!!

TLB, How are you doing, did you make it through the night ok? That was the hardest part for me in the first few days - I thought I was going to go crazy when the anxiety attacks, insomnia and general "jacked up" feeling hit me and I didn't have work or something else to distract me. I can relate to getting out of the house, I would literally almost flee my house and go for walks (without my wallet so I couldn't "accidentally" end up at the corner store). It bought me some time, an hour at a time. Now at day 10, I can tell you the physical withdrawal stuff I was feeling at first has gone away. Cravings, insomnia, strong emotions, etc. are still hitting me but the worst of the worst, the stuff it sounds like you're going through definitely goes away - it just doesn't feel like it at the time.

HANG IN THERE - it passes, do whatever you need to get through this time and you'll be happy you did!

All the best,
                            SoFlo
                            "I will restore to you the years that the locust has eaten"
                            AF since June 24, 2011

Comment

Please Help!!

ONE WHOLE DAY AL FREE GUYS!!!!! First time I went a whole day since i started when i was a little kid. I am doing good, still have the anxioty and stress, but i'm doing excellent with the cravings. And its so irritating to have to find an alternative to it. I swear i've tried to drink everything to replace beer but I HATE it all. My girlfriend says she's very very proud of me, and she has decided to help me through the suffering. Man you wouldn't believe what a back rub will do when you are going through withdraws. Anyway, wish I were at day 30 but atleast I made it to day 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X