• Show
Clear All

Please Help!!

YEAH TLB!!! :goodjob:
    "I will restore to you the years that the locust has eaten"
    AF since June 24, 2011

Comment

Please Help!!

Thats Awesome news T! I am so happy for you. Just keep fighting it as it comes and before you know it will be 30 days! Cant wait to see your next update and if it becomes difficult , come here and post or read, or go into chat.
      Take Care man.

Comment

Please Help!!

And why would you want to replace beer?Plenty of other things to drink out there and when you are AF it's funny but you don't feel the NEED to be gulping pints of liquid every few minutes. That's because you are well hydrated on the odd glass of juice or water - no need for any kick to chase.

Chill on the replacement thing it's not an issue. As long as you are healthy and getting enough fluid it's really ok.

Comment

Please Help!!

Now I feel very very angry...........I'm so sick of drinking tea, and water, and coffee. I feel like an irresponsible little kid that can't have a beer for the rest of my life because for some FU reason I can't handel it. Its not fair that I can't have one and the rest of the world can, and be just fine. So thats the update..........Day 2 after work and I need a punching bag, now it is really testing my wheelpower.

Comment

Please Help!!

I know how u feel T, but it is alcohol that is trying to control your thoughts right now. Try to stay strong eventually it will give up and you will win. No one "deserves" that poison

Comment

Please Help!!

I'm going to respond to you T because in the first few days for me, these postings were what kept me sane.
              I'm on day 28 today. I never, ever thought I could do this. I thought this morning that something has really changed within me. I live in the country and up until 28 days ago, the thought of not having any alcohol in the house would send me into a tail spin, not to mention turn me into a very pissed off, resentful, moody person. It didn't happen very often because I ALWAYS had alcohol in the house. Today, Friday, I'm heading to town. I would normally stock up for the weekend and know that I had enough to keep me 'happy' until I next went into town in a few days. This morning I was able to think, yeah, It's friday. I won't be drinking. It's not the end of the world. It's not frightening. I don't feel absolutely wonderful, but the feeling is like nothing I've felt before. I think it might something called POWER. (I'm using capitals a lot today), hope it's not doing anyone's head in!
              So Power to you, and everyone else out there.
              It will get better. I can honestly say that, and it doesn't take a hell of a long time like I thought it would.

Comment

Please Help!!

TLB - As Prince said so well, "forever is a mighty long time". Every time I think like that it seems really impossible. One day at a time seems like a stupid solution, but for me it has been working. On the last few times I've quit I had that exact same "robbed" feeling you're talking about. I was really aware that I wasn't normal, that I'd lost something, at times being embarrassed that I couldn't handle it and was weak. A little older now, I know that normal is a pretty damn relative term, that the only thing I am robbing myself of is the life I could be building AF, and that the people who face this thing head on are not weak - as you've found out it takes incredible strength and courage to tackle it.

So, well done on another day. We always have a choice to go back, but in my experience choice gets removed once you do.
                AF since June 24, 2011

Comment

Please Help!!

Well I'm staying strong..........I just got back from going to town and giving what beer I had left to a friend of mine.... I thought my heart and lungs where going to jump outa my chest!! This is definately harder than yesterday was. I actually feel sick. Thanx for the help All...........it really is helping me.

Comment

Please Help!!

TLB;869599 wrote: Well I'm staying strong..........I just got back from going to town and giving what beer I had left to a friend of mine.... I thought my heart and lungs where going to jump outa my chest!! This is definately harder than yesterday was. I actually feel sick. Thanx for the help All...........it really is helping me.
                    come one tlb

we can do this! i'm just ending day one now and gonna go to sleep. well done for giving that poison away. keep up all the hard work!:goodjob:
                    The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Please Help!!

I heard you on the getting sick of water thing, too. The good news is there are a ton of options. My list so far:

- Good quality root beer or Ginger beer, with cane sugar not HFCS. Sugar might be a trigger for you or a crave helper, depending. For me it helps with varies, as does ice cream.

- Non-alcoholic beer, usually just with food, and especially when I get that robbed feeling you talked about. Could also be a trigger back to real beer, so think about it first.

- "Cocktails" of cranberry and soda with a lime wedge. My fave when out socially, looks like a mixed drink and avoids any questions I don't feel like answering at the time.

I'm sure others have suggestions too, but it seems like if I put me alcohol money into new kinds of drinks there are some interesting alternatives out there.

One more day down,
                      SoFlo
                      AF since June 24, 2011

Comment

Please Help!!

Getting ready to go to bed on day 3........still AL Free. It is much easier now, but not completely out of my mind. I feel like I have it under control now. Still a little anxioty, and still some cravings, but very under control

Thanks again All

Comment

Please Help!!

I am so proud of you TLB! Everyone here is so awesome and such a big help for all of us. Just reme,ber T, even though some of us have more AF time under our belt, we all started where you are and one day you will be popping out the double digits and helping the new ones that come here to find their way out.
                          Take care my friend - we are all here for you, and your posts are an inspiration.

Comment

Please Help!!

AHHHH!!! I've been invited to a camp out for memorial day, and I kinda can't say no. Everyone is going to be drinking and getting drunk. Any advice anyone??

Comment

Please Help!!

This sounds like a tough one TLB and will test you. You can't mean everyone is going to get drunk do you? If not, buddy up with someone whose not drinking. If I was faced with this I would seriously think about a good excuse to miss the outing. I know there is no easy answer here, so whatever you decide to do take care of yourself and remember this is about YOU!
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Please Help!!

TLB - I camp with a bunch of guys for a father/daughter group, and even though it's supposed to be about the kids there is a ton of drinking that goes on. I've made it through a campout AF with lots planning on who to confide in, what my escape would be if it got to hairy and stocking up on plenty of alternate bevs.

I found out a couple of interesting things in the process: you may get asked at first what you're drinking and why, and it's up to you to get the point out clearly, but after that everyone gets too concerned about their own drinks/beers and buzz to really think about it the rest of the day. The other thing was that as the guy who has his wits about him to organize cool things to do with the girls, the partiers gravitated to what we were doing anyway. We all had a blast, I didn't end up being a buzz kill for the drinkers and they didn't try to twist my arm. Mostly I learned ITS NOT ALL ABOUT ME. Amazing, I know, but it seems like most campers had far too much going on to worry about whether the St. Paulies I had in the cooler was NA or not, just nobody have a crap at that level.

Once again, over thinking on my part when it turned out great and gave my buds a chance to think about what a weekend trip with the kids could really look like. Win, win.
                                AF since June 24, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X