Last Chance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Chance

I am new here....does this program really work? I am putting all my faith in this...I don't know what else to do...have tried AA, rehab several times...this has to work....I have all the supplements and cd's now I just need to start....have you all had success with this? Any advice would be greatly apprecitated!!
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last Chance

Taw,
    Welcome! MWO is comprised of people from all over the world that are doing whatever it takes to get control back. For most it is giving up alcohol completely - we call it AF. others are trying to get to a point where they can drink moderately - we call this modding. anyway, we are trying all kinds of different methods from supplements, cold turkey and meds. I am currently takin "Baclofen" which has helped me achieve sobriety for 3.5 months. Others here have been "AF" for years. Best thing to do is post your story (if you are comfortable). There are many here that will offer you advice and make you feel welcome - we are one big family! There is also chat available to be able to talk one on one or a group.
    Welcome!

Comment

Last Chance

Hello Taw & welcome. Wanted you to know that this is workig for me. I have tried many other avenues of support w/o success. I wish you luck, but like anything you need to work it!
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Last Chance

first welcome just like anything in life you have to really want it and be ready for anything.. you can take all the pills and still nothing but when you commit to it and yourself ture being you can do anything .. good luck and we are here for you.. keep posting and reading and you will find your way out to a better life you want and need for yourselff
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Last Chance

:welcome: taw
          Sooo glad you've joined us ! As I'm sure you know that's a very important 1st step..
          As Techie says, the programme works if you're prepared to work it or want it badly enough. Though you'll find a wealth of information here, sometimes it's quicker just to ask. Might be worth looking a little at your past pattern of relapsing & work on a plan to avoid that happening - could be it's the vital piece in the jigsaw of your recovery. Good luck to you on this, your most important journey !
          Stay close & keep safe
          Gold x
          :sun:

Comment

Last Chance

Hello taw,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
            You will find lots of help & useful information on this website but you absolutely do need to make the commitment. I am 14 months continuously AF. I did not use any meds or supplements but I do highly recommend the Hypnotherapy CDs. They really help get your thinking going in the right direction. Make time to use them & receive the benefits.

Making a good plan for yourself is essential.
            Look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for good ideas.

Wishing you the best on your journey & please drop in the Newbies Nest thread for more support.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Last Chance

Thanks everyone! I read the book and it seemed so easy for them....I was wondering if this program was too good to be true!!

Can't wait to get started!!
              "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Last Chance

When you go to bed at night without having had a drink it will be hard to go to sleep. This is the time when you need to clear your mind. Don't think about anything, just listen to the sounds of the night and look at the pictures in your mind. They might be vague. For me I see hills and mountains and often bright colors. It is an adventure. The Zen teaching is that this state (they call it wu wei) is a necessary step on the path to enlightenment.
                Don't worry about not sleeping, it doesn't matter...just enjoy the journey and know that you are on the road to recovery. In this place we are all newbies...the oldbies have done it all before...but it's new to us. Like all wars and grand finals, it has been done before, but we are todays team and maybe the new heroes. We are here now and it's our chance to win the pennant. Do your best. That's all anyone can do.

Comment

Last Chance

Hi Taw!!

Hello friend. Take heart. There are lots of ppl here with the same problems and reading their stories, posting my story has helped a great deal. I've gotten great advice over time and am in a good place at the moment. Will I be in the same place tomorrow, next months, next year? No idea, there are no guarantees. But it sure is working for me, right now.

I wish you all the best and hope you stick around friend.

Be blessed.
                  AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Last Chance

Hi Taw, and welcome. I can't give you advice on the products, but this forum is a very valuable tool. There is a wealth of people here who give amazing advice, feedback, and support. Read and write lots here. All the best, you have some hard work ahead of you, but you can do it. One day at a time.
                    Hill
                    Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Last Chance

Hi Taw,

Welcome.

Hill has summed it up beautifully.

I read and post almost every day.
                      Am coming up for week seven which I feel is nothing short of a personal miracle.

But you do need to work at it and some days harder than others,
                      and It does take some real commitment and no, not everyone makes it.

But everyone will tell you that the journey is life changing and worth the effort
                      Happy to be back

Comment

Last Chance

Hi Taw and :welcome:. I started my journey to sobriety following the My Way Out program to the letter, with the exception of prescription meds. It was not "magic" - quitting AL is not easy as you already know. But getting that start and then tweaking things along the way has gotten me to a much better place than where I started. I know you can do it too.

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Last Chance

Hi taw! Welcome! You have gotten good advice, I'll just point you to "What's your sobriety plan?" thread in the Just Starting Out Section. I've bumped it for you.
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                          X