Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Starting Out

This is a great site.
    Lorelei, love your name. I'm from Germany but living in Maryland if you want to chat sometime.

Comment

Just Starting Out

Hello, I just joined. Woke up this morning feeling depressed fat and disgusted with myself after a Sunday of solo drinking. I only over-drink when I'm on my own, so no one knows about the problem. Can't imagine life without a drink, but know that it affects my mental state really badly. I'm an actress, starting a great job in 7 days, don't want to sabotage my confidence. Do I just stop? i.e. go to the fridge and throw out the vodka and the half bottle of wine and say 'never again' ... or not. Any ideas or support would be very welcome. Good luck to us all, say I. xx

Comment

Just Starting Out

Hello All, Im a newby. started the supplements and the kudzo this morning. Feel tired from all the recent drinking but strangely not desirous of a glass of wine right now, although its saturday night and normally Id be trying to find a party. Things are also difficult with my boyfriend of 5 years at themoment and we have discussed parting ways but I am strangely calm about it.
        C

Comment

Just Starting Out

Hello all.

I am new here too, but a bit further in than most of you, it would appear.

I am on day 3 of the programme (minus topiramate at the moment) and cannot believe the difference in me.

I did not think that I would be able to get a handle on my drinking without possibly residential intervention. Then in desperation I stumbled across this site and programme about a month ago. I ordered everything suggested. Waited for the appointment with my GP to get topiramate and had a setback there, in that it is not available on prescription in England.

I was bitterly dissapointed as I wanted to follow RJ's programme to the 'T' and landed up drinking 3 bottles of wine on Thursday.

Then having taken advice from some of the more seasoned members here, I just got on with the rest of it.

I think that I fully understand how most of you feel, having been there myself.

I started a tread here recently called 'Scared, but excited'. It may offer you some encouragement to read it - I hope so!

The support you get from the people on here is fantastic and a vital part of the programme in my view. Research the whole programme and embrace it.

I truly hope that your experience is at least as good as mine has been.

Only day 3 and I feel as if I have got more control over my life - what an amazing feeling!

Good luck to you all. I hope to see you around...

K-M :h

Comment

Just Starting Out

P.S. One of the more seasoned members here is called 'Irishlady' - I have found her treads full of encouragement and truly inspirational...

Comment

Working...
            X