Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Thurs 27th May

Hello Everyone

A glorious day here in the UK again, how lucky are we, just hope this is not the summer we were promised and when the rain comes next week its over and done with as usual!!

Feeling good here and last day at work - long weekend coming up. Challenging one though its festival weekend in the Villages here where people drink drink drink and drink !!!!
    We have Whit Friday walks and band contest and then a Beer Walk saturday where people dress up and walk around all the villages visiting pubs (20 in all I think) raising money for charity - Should of planned this better and gone off on holiday me thinks

Back to work for now, hope everyone has a great day, catch you all later :l
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

ODAT - Thurs 27th May

Morning, Panno, Mornin Odaters!!

Phew, good luck with the weekend. Sounds like one with temptations luring at every corner.

God me dancing boots on this morning Panno. It's a glorious day here too

Hope you all have a stunning AF day
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT - Thurs 27th May

Hi Panno, Johnny and all to come

Wow, Panno sounds like some week-end!! Good luck with it.

Lovely morning here too and just back from my walk with the doggies and friend. One of my daughters is doing exams and another one starts in June so have all sorts of different drop off and pick up times. Very hard to get anything done! Have a great day everyone.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT - Thurs 27th May

Hi Rustop,

Hectic to get those things organised at times, hey?! My wife also struggles to get things done during the day in between bringing sonny to pre schooo, picking him up again, breast feeding the other one, etc.

The thread is awfully quiet today.
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT - Thurs 27th May

good day everyone, gorgeous one here in Dorset, busy planning wedding's grandchildren schools and a week in London, need a rest have a good day all, love and hugs Twitch xxx

Comment

ODAT - Thurs 27th May

Heya Twitch!!

How you doing?!

How's the cat?!

Cheers,
            AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

ODAT - Thurs 27th May

May 27, special day for me and Mrs. SoFlo, our 15th anniversary, so I have a huge incentive to stay AF. Not only is it the best gift I could give her right now, it's also the best gift I could give myself and I plan on putting my new energy level into proper celebration with the Mrs... :l
              "I will restore to you the years that the locust has eaten"
              AF since June 24, 2011

Comment

ODAT - Thurs 27th May

Hi SoFlo!!

Don't think I've met you. well.. nice to meet you

Awesome... I luv that!! you got the right attitude, you can do it.. just take it odat.
                AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

ODAT - Thurs 27th May

Hey johnny, thanks for the welcome. Yes, I've been a lurker for a few weeks, soaking it all in while I tried to figure out my strategy. At 10 days, I now feel like my heads at least clear enough to write down what's going on and plan on getting more active here. Nice to meetcha!
                  AF since June 24, 2011

Comment

ODAT - Thurs 27th May

Hey, wow, 10 days already? That's fantastic.

That's definately breaking point. It was for me. Your body is detoxed to some extent and you should be over early withdrawels if you had?!
                    Sound like you're doing great mate.

The thing that has really helped me greatle is getting really , really busy. I didn't even give myself time to think AL anymore. But so important you fill your time wiht the right stuff tho!!

Rock on.
                    AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

ODAT - Thurs 27th May

Panno

I always used to find UK Bank Holidays a trigger point - usually holding out until Sunday before going crazy. I have now gotten through 2 BHs, one the double Easter break. Do you know what?I really enjoyed them - nope I wasn't involved in pub or drinking environments, instead I stayed at home had nice lie-ins and just did whatever I wanted to do. I found it was brilliant having all this extra, quiet time. I might go see a band locally this time on the Sunday but its somewhere I know isn't a mega drinking place and I won't be under any pressure.

Just forget the drinkers, if they want to pee away this lovely time that's up to them!

Comment

ODAT - Thurs 27th May

That's the way of doing it UKB!!
                        AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

ODAT - Thurs 27th May

Hello Everyone!

Hi Johnny, Rustop, Panno, Twitch, UK Blonde! Special welcome to SoFlo1! Where you at in Florida? I am in Clearwater. Lots of others from Florida too, not sure why, LOL. So glad you found this place, its a great place to be, we have lots of fun, we get serious too, but we always support each other through good and bad. Its like rehab on the computer and you can get there with just a click of the mouse.

Hugs to you!
                          I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

ODAT - Thurs 27th May

Hi All

Just checking in. Should be an easy day for me. BBQ tonight but I am driving so easier to not drink at all. By the time we get back bed will be calling as it was a 5am start. I think an easy ZERO in the drink tracker today.

Bessie x

Comment

ODAT - Thurs 27th May

Hey OverIt, I'm on the East coast, between "Fort Liquordale" and "West Bombed Beach", in a little town with a more constructive name - Lighthouse Point. Sunny skies right now and a gentle breeze in the palm trees, looks like another day in paradise, as they say.
                              AF since June 24, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X