Angry and depressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angry and depressed

Hi Katie, haven't been on here for a few days but read your post right away as you've always been there for me from day one. For 9 years I worked out of my house as a single mom too. Very lonely and painful at times. I too had no support near by and it made me move closer to my family recently. I can feel for your pain the past while and loneliness.
    I am in the process of getting out of a volitile relationship right now as I struggle to stay AF. 4 years of being called a "c", having just about everything I owned broken or destroyed, having lighter fluid thrown at me and threatened to be lit.....there is no limit to the humiliation I have known. This person should be in jail but knows because I am so ashamed that I would never tell anyone. I have a great career, children, home and immediate family. I guess the typical situation of secret shame.
    I don't care why he did all the things he did to me. He will never have the joy of seeing me angry or upset again in his life. It is exactly what he loves. I refuse to be the victim either. Staying AF is the reason I can finally get out of this 4 year nightmare.
    These people for some reason come into our path in life. I know from experience that everything that has happend to me up til now has made sense one day and this will too. If we don't let it consume us with anger we can grow stronger from it. No one can take our spirit unless we give it away. Again, god only gives us what we can handle. Some of us get a lot but I think it's because one day we will really need that strength and these times will have prepared us.
    I am in your corner today and always, be strong :l
    AF since April 19, 2010
    NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
    -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Angry and depressed

daybyday

well done on finding the strength to escape that brutal abuse.you're right, the best revenge is getting and living well. draw strength from your anger.that spirit is yours and he certainly hasn't taken it! you sound very positive. embrace that lovely family of yours.

all that and still you find the goodness to help others here. you are and incredible lady.

thankyou. xxx
      The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Angry and depressed

Bloody great Katie...thats the spirit!! You can't keep a good woman down and you are one of the best...you GO girl xxx
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Angry and depressed

Hi Katie so pleased you are sounding stronger, you will get through this lots and lots of hugs :l:l:l:l:l
          Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Angry and depressed

KatieB;869613 wrote: Thanks Fennel,

Its with the support from you all that I have been able to pick up my mood today, and realise that the abuse from my ex stops NOW! I will no longer let him affect me in any way - he is just a low-life.. someone who has no conscience.. its bad enough being nasty to people, but to his son's mother - in which he knows I have a history of self-harm and depression.. it baffles me as to why he is doing this to me.. actually I do know, its b/c he knows I will never take him back after what he did..
            that's our girl!
            The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

Comment

Angry and depressed

Thank you daybyday,

What a lovely post! I am so sorry to hear what you have gone through.. some people are truly evil (or "narcisstic" to use the medical term..) - b/c these ppl have their own issues and take it out on us - I totally agree with you - these people who did this to us (my and your ex) have made us stronger.. my ex being the way he was, made me face up to my demons and rid myself of them once and for all.. it was like he was a human version of the self-hatred that I bottled up inside.. well, I am over it now! I am ready to be happy in life and not let anyone or anything hurt me again.. the power lies within us to be strong.. only we can control how we feel about ourselves, and what we do in life, nothing else can..
              Thanks also to One2many, Panno and girly-wirly,
              I have had such a peaceful day with no nasty texts from my ex! It makes me laugh inside that he is probably sending me nasty messages, that I cannot receive.. :H
              Katie xxx
              "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Angry and depressed

It makes me laugh inside that he is probably sending me nasty messages, that I cannot receive..

:H:H:H:H:H:H that will teach the loser xx

Comment

Angry and depressed

Feckin Gobshite...keep pressing send mate, you are wastin yer bloody time...

(evil laugh and sticking up triumphant middle finger)
                  "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Angry and depressed

Doesn't it feel good when you cut off someone who is hassling you. Real sense of freedom.

Comment

Angry and depressed

KatieB;869566 wrote: Hey everyone,
                      Good news - i have worked out my mobile phone and managed to block his number from sending me any texts messages! So he cannot harrass me or verbally insult or abuse me by text anymore.. he can now only call me... I feel so much more positive now about this.. as I know he won't be able to afford to call my mobile constantly.. plus if he is really harrassing and leaving voicemessages, the police take that alot more seriously than text messages..
                      Katie xx
                      Bravo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Angry and depressed

one2many;869741 wrote: Feckin Gobshite...keep pressing send mate, you are wastin yer bloody time...

(evil laugh and sticking up triumphant middle finger)
                        :H:H:H

Exactly! I have had such a lovely peaceful day... what a tosser!! (i dont often swear on this site but thats just the perfect word for him).. I have not received a single text from him all day (hmm i wonder why...), and I feel fan-bloody-tastic!! :H:H:H

Comment

Angry and depressed

Hey Katie.

How are you friend?! I'm so happy to hear you're doing great (well, why the heck am I asking how you are then. anycase)
                          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Angry and depressed

johnnyh;869866 wrote: Hey Katie.

How are you friend?! I'm so happy to hear you're doing great (well, why the heck am I asking how you are then. anycase)
                            :H
                            Thanks Johnny for asking.. I am feeling great.. the police and court were useless so I had to give myself the power, and it feels great as a result.. I am gradually blocking my nasty ex out of my life and I have been happier today than ever.. its amazing how his constant harrassing texts made me depressed.. but now, I dont get any and it feels great!
                            Katie xxx

Comment

Angry and depressed

That's great Katie,

Just leave the blimmin Bloke behind you (as far as you can)!!

He's really not worth the sweat. One day I gonna come visit you Aussies and pay him a visit and tell him what I think of him. I'm your big brother now
                              AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Angry and depressed

I hate the way the justice system works though. Does everything to protect the purpetrator, nothing for the victim.
                                AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X