Angry and depressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angry and depressed

Katie, so glad you had a great day! Empower yourself whenever you can, in any way and you'll be on your way to a peaceful, loving life.
    YOU are an amazing lady and have another great day!!! xo
    AF since April 19, 2010
    NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
    -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Angry and depressed

Kaite....I am proud of you sweet girl......send the mo fo to the curb!!!!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Angry and depressed

Hi Katie!
        Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way.
        BIG HUGS!!! :l
        K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Angry and depressed

Hi Katie! Great move on blocking those texts. I wasn't able to do that and would get sucked into replying. It was a vicious cycle that eventually ended him in jail. I have to always wonder what will happen when he gets out. Fortunately the police are very supportive. The problem is their hands are tied without concrete evidence. Covert aggression is hard for them to do anythings about. Do keep any incriminating phone msgs. And do stay strong and safe please. He may up his antics if he feels you have somehow won this battle unfortunately. Gonna post this so I don't lose it, but I really wasnt done.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Angry and depressed

grrr I just lost the next(lengthy)post. I wanted you to know I've debated on posting this line of thought, but want you to be as safe as possible. Your ex has been violent and may well be feeling above the law right now. Mine laughed at the thoughts of being caught, but caught and jailed he was. I still suggest calling a local women's shelter or abuse centre for support, advice and just to make sure others know what has been happening. They even offered me a special mobile hot line phone.
            You made the absolute right move in making him leave phone msgs only. Again, good for you! And you are doing this sober too!!! Kudos to Katie!!!:goodjob::l

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Angry and depressed

Thank you all for your kind and supportive words.. unfortunately though, I am about to start a thread.. I feel very guilty today.. I am not as strong as you all think I am!
              "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Angry and depressed

Katie, your son needs you so much. Man, if my mum wasn't around when I was younger God only knows where I would be. Katie talk to your doctor. Never thought I'd admit this but the anti depressents my doc put me on has changed me so much. The outlook in my life is fantastic. They seem to make you cope with lifes problems a hell of alot easier.
                Just remember that your not the problem, HE'S the problem.

Comment

Angry and depressed

Thank you Matho61,
                  I am already on anti-depressants.. they have really worked.. but I need to stop drinking again as they obviously don't work when I am! For some reason, I am back to drinking even though I have learnt so much.. darned AL keeps coming up to me and deceiving me, making me thinking I need it to help me through..
                  "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Angry and depressed

Yes katie you're right about the meds and AL. I mentioned in my other post. I've had the same issue over and over again. I do feel good, positive, and productive w/o the alcohol on my AD even in light of my dismal domestic situation. john
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Angry and depressed

KatieB;869524 wrote: justforme, techie and ringingcedars,
                      I feel a bit better after reading all of your posts.. I have decided to just blank out what my ex has said to me.. every time he doesn't "get his own way" he verbally abuses me! he calls me all sorts of names.. yes I had issues before I met him, but I got better once I left him! what does that show for him? I am seeing my therapist this afternoon which is a great thing, he is fantastic - I will be honest with how I am feeling.. I am going to try and steer clear of AL too.. Day 4 (again) for me today.. I have a friend coming round shortly.. its just so hard - my ex gets away with saying and doing so many evil things (not just with me) and never ever has any consequences! when is he ever going to pay for the things he does and says???
                      Katie, i haven't been following your case (sorry), i as i just rejoined this site. I'm not sure whether you live with the ex or not, but what is stopping you from blocking his calls?
                      One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Angry and depressed

KatieB;869879 wrote: I am gradually blocking my nasty ex out of my life and I have been happier today than ever..
                        That's the way you've got to do it.
                        One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Working...
                        X