Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad day at work

Hi everyone

Had a real bad day at work yesterday (Thurs) ended up in tears. Problem is I switched departments and we are working with a brand new system that has only been used in less than a handful of companies. Everything keeps changing no what I mean 'Do it this way, no do it that way, no this is how it should be done'. Made a few mistakes in the past week, not just me the whole bunch of us in the team, yesterday was the straw that broke the camels back. What did I do?.................

Wrong I had J20 and hot chocolate - Amazing I did not have AL. Can't believe this person I am becoming - I am learning to handle life and living without AL.

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Still feeling a bit tearful today but it is a 3 day weekend and I am going to rest, rest and I may even have some rest.

Starting to really love this AF life - there are no problems just challenges I have to overcome.

Thanx to each and everyone of you that read this

QQ
    Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Bad day at work

Hi QQ,
    Great job on staying strong. Are you starting today feeling really great about yourself? You should - making it through a tough day is a real step that you've now got under your belt.

What is J20?
    AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Bad day at work

Fantastic QQ :goodjob:

Loved the beginning of your post :H:H:H
      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Bad day at work

QQ,

Do you realise how big this is???? You managed a hugely stressful situation with resorting to alcohol...that just shows the way your thought train has shifted and you now realise that Alcohol is not the answer but in fact, the very thing that would make the situation worse.

Treat yourself to something nice this weekend and get on with all that resting!!

I so so happy for you QQ...just fantastic!!

Love,

Oney xx
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Bad day at work

hi QQ.

well done honey. there's nothing worse to draw us to al than a shitty day at work. but think how you felt at work. then you go home and drink. get relief for maybe the first glass? then lose your full nights relaxation to a drunken haze thats going to make you ill and feel mad at yourself the following day. lose a full day off nursing a hangover.

you chose a j20, a hot chocolate, stuck two fingers up to the situation, relax ready for the lovely long weekend, wake up feeling fab and being able to post a big fat juicy proud moment post on here that you can draw strength on for days. bet you're smiling.

i know what i prefer!

clever gal xxx:goodjob:
          The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Bad day at work

Gaia;869657 wrote: Hi QQ,
            Great job on staying strong. Are you starting today feeling really great about yourself? You should - making it through a tough day is a real step that you've now got under your belt.

What is J20?
            hi gaia

j20 is a soft drink. it's a mix of exotic fruit juices almost like a cocktail that you can buy in bars and shops as an alternative to al.
            The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Bad day at work

QQ, I am very proud of you. You are a great role model for us all. It's amazing how much I am also realising that I don't need alcohol for every challenge that I face, and how much I enjoy living sober. Have a great weekend,
              Hill
              Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Bad day at work

:goodjob: Proud of you!!!
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Bad day at work

This is all part of the process and shows that you can get through things without a drink - and usually in a much better, more constructive manner too.

Comment

Bad day at work

Congratulations, QQ :thumbs:

This is, indeed, HUGE! Very happy for you! Now, quit reading and get some rest :H
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Bad day at work

Good work QQ! So great to realize AL doesn't make the problems go away! I will remember that as I come upon "problems" this weekend! Thanks!

Comment

Bad day at work

Cheers my bestest Chums for all your comments. I really am starting to feel like I am controlling my consumption of AL and not it controlling me. Came across a journal I started jan 2009 (didn't keep it up) what did 20th Jan say 'Resisted alcohol pleased with myself'. Quit the journal and kept on drinking. Now I am proud of myself. I know this all hangs by a thread but the change in me in just 2 months is great and I am loving it don't want to lose it.

Friday at work was better - one of the team got us all fresh cream cakes.................
                        Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Comment

Bad day at work

:yougo::yougo::yougo:

GO 2Q!!!! What an important step.

Now I'm hoping things at work get easier!

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                          X