X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odat, FRIDAY, Yeay, 28 May 2010

Morning Odaters.

No one up yet?!

Just wanted to wish you all a fab weekend. AF for me hopefully. Loads of activities on including a huge rugby clash. So need to have my guards up.

Have a great day
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Morning Johnny and all ODATers yet to come

Have a great weekend and like you Johnny I'm going to stay AF to - bring on the challenge !!

Check in later and report
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Hi Johnny and Panno!

Its not a good Friday for me, I have to work a very long day. Sigh.. Johnny are you still taking the Antabuse??? I would love to talk to you more about it sometime, I am failing, and really really tired of it. I do have Antabuse already from my doctor, I just never took it.

I hope you all have a good Friday, catch up with you later
      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Hey Overit...

Good to see you. Sorry to hear that..

I'm weaned off for the moment but let's chat. It's helped me greatly. really!!! Sorry for other Odaters to bring the church into here again, but Overit, read Matthew 6:27 and onwards. It says if your right arm causes you trouble, get rid of it. (losely quoted). To me that was Antabuse. I felt that if I needed to take action to really not have the option anymore. It's different for everyone. But for me I really wanted to make sure I couldn't drink.

You're not failing Overit. Failure is giving up. And you havn't given up. As long as you keep trying, that's the best you can do. It's not about how often you fall. It's about how often you get up!!

Keep going lady. Keep strong.
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Thanks Johnny,

Needed to hear something positive today. I am really feeling like I sound like a freaking broken record, and I am really tired of it as I know others must get tired of it too!!! I know you have to get right back up, but whats scary is you never know when your time is over of chances. People die from this crap, either from health issues, or accidents or whatever. I could even be really drunk and fall and break my neck! Your right, the time is now to do something. I like the aspect of Antabuse too, and if you can K-9 can then I can too! Thanks for your support, I really need all you guys.

Hugs to all you!

Comment

Hey, How often shall you forgive others? seventy seven times seven which is the hebrew equivalent for eternal. The same goes for being forgiven.
            It's serious stuff allright, in termso health, etc. But yet, You do keep trying. I know sometimes when we go off the rails we really go off the rails for a while. As long as you get back on it eventually you're still trying. I'm not saying go off on a binger, the very opposite. I'm just saying, don't get caught up in the lie that it's all too late, you've already given in so often you might just as well leave it. There's no point of no return.

Antabuse is really great if you're happy to take the step and be fully committed. It really, really helps. I can only encourage you to. You still fight the fights inside, only you know the outcome upfront. Hence you don't battle as long, if it makes sense. Do it, Do it!!!
            AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Thanks Johnny, My friend

Yesterday was going great! I had a nice long run with my little doggie, and I was looking forward to a nice day off of work. Then I remembered, Oh, I have some vodka left over from the other day. Hmmm no work today, why not? I was kidding myself to think I could have some alcohol in the house and not drink it!

Im gonna take the Antabuse, most likely on Monday. There I said it Time is now. Im so blessed to be able to have this forum and have you guys to talk with. Im sure I will be posting ALOT on my experience once I am on Antabuse.

Enjoy your day my friends. Sorry for dominating the ODAT thread today!

Comment

I'm so happy for you. You won't regret the decision!!

Yeah, I can't have Al in the house. it's too dangerous.
                AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Thanks Johnny. Its because of people like you, and K-9 who have encouraged me to do so. I would take it right now, except Im sure I still have booze in my system. Lets see, I could take it Sunday. Gods day. perfect

Thanks for being my friend. I mean that.

Comment

OverIt

Yes I tried many times stopping with AL in the house thinking I wouldn't touch it. Looking back I could see I was subconsciously keeping the stash - so I could have it later. This time I cleared everything out - or so I thought until I found the bottle of cider last Sunday. Good job I was in the right frame of mind to deal with it.

I also would give myself 'permission' to drink if I had free time, off work etc. Trouble is it would ALWAYS affect my work or life consequently.

Comment

Hi UK Blonde,

Funny thing is, I "thought" if I had some vodka in the house, I would not drink because the thrill of buying it would be gone. How freaking stupid is that, LOL? Oh the tricks and lies we tell ourselves.

Its good to see you doing so well! Im really happy for your success.

Comment

Morning all, another sunny day in Florida here. Another AF free day under my belt but I'm really dragging today, my sleep patterns are still all screwed up and I can never really tell when I'll get a good nights sleep. Tired and sober sure beats tired and hungover, though, so I'm just gonna make some extra strong coffee and plow through the day.
                        "I will restore to you the years that the locust has eaten"
                        AF since June 24, 2011

Comment

OverIT

I used to get really excited at going to the shop/pub/supermarket knowing I was going to drink. You know heart racing, shaking slightly(and not via withdrawls) etc.

Madness.

Comment

Yes, it is insanity for sure.

Hi again SoFlo. How you doing? Keep hanging in there, and remember the buzz is not worth the price to pay later.

Comment

Over It......I am so proud of you, but scared too.............
                              Be safe...
                              I worry about you baby...
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                              X