Odat, FRIDAY, Yeay, 28 May 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

over it. i took antabuse this morning and it felt great! i know i won't 'have' to decide to drink or not. it's out of my hands.

good luck.
    The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Hi All!
      Since we're talking about Antabuse, I thought I'd throw my 2cents in
      Overit, I would agree that you should wait about 24 hours or so after drinking to take it, just to be safe. I was SOOO paranoid when I first started it, I wouldn't even touch the pills if I'd had a drink (silly, I know). Anyway, I decided to take the plunge on a Friday afternoon, because I knew if I didn't, I'd just spend the weekend drinking. I take the pill at 3:00pm everyday, because that was my "witching" hour when I'd start planning which store I'd hit on the way home (had to switch up you know, didn't want to look like an alcoholic...ha). I can't even tell you the relief I felt after taking that first pill, knowing that I could NOT drink, period. It was out of my hands, so why even waste time thinking about it? 57 days later, and I am still taking it, mostly out of habit. I don't know if I would drink or not if I stopped taking it, I'd like to think I wouldn't. Others have expressed concern about it doing damage to your liver, but I do not worry about that...not after what I've already put my liver through, this can't be nearly as bad. So anyway, I strongly recommend giving it a try, but please make sure you are committed to it! I know you'll do great. I'm looking forward to hearing how it all works out for you. :h
      K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Ukblonde;870080 wrote: OverIt

Yes I tried many times stopping with AL in the house thinking I wouldn't touch it. Looking back I could see I was subconsciously keeping the stash - so I could have it later. .
        Argh... that's so true for me too. with hindsight it's so easy to see how we set ourselves these traps.
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

K9Lover;870149 wrote: Hi All!
          Since we're talking about Antabuse, I thought I'd throw my 2cents in
          Overit, I would agree that you should wait about 24 hours or so after drinking to take it, just to be safe. I was SOOO paranoid when I first started it, I wouldn't even touch the pills if I'd had a drink (silly, I know). Anyway, I decided to take the plunge on a Friday afternoon, because I knew if I didn't, I'd just spend the weekend drinking. I take the pill at 3:00pm everyday, because that was my "witching" hour when I'd start planning which store I'd hit on the way home (had to switch up you know, didn't want to look like an alcoholic...ha). I can't even tell you the relief I felt after taking that first pill, knowing that I could NOT drink, period. It was out of my hands, so why even waste time thinking about it? 57 days later, and I am still taking it, mostly out of habit. I don't know if I would drink or not if I stopped taking it, I'd like to think I wouldn't. Others have expressed concern about it doing damage to your liver, but I do not worry about that...not after what I've already put my liver through, this can't be nearly as bad. So anyway, I strongly recommend giving it a try, but please make sure you are committed to it! I know you'll do great. I'm looking forward to hearing how it all works out for you. :h
          K9
          Hey K,

Well put. Listen, out of personal experience... keep taking the tablets for another couple of months. I stopped taking them last year because I thought I was fine... I was for a while but it was so easy, I slipped and back to the same ol...
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Hi Johnny!
            I actually plan on taking them for as long as possible...I have one more month prescribed then I am going back to see my Doctor. She is going to be so happy when I tell her how much AF time I have by then! She's so sweet and caring, she has a relative that is an alcoholic so she took a special interest in me. I am sure she will prescibe another 6 months or so. I am going to fight that "complacent" feeling that tends to set in...that's what caused me to fail last time. Thank you for your words of advice, I will take them to heart!
            K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hey K,

Yeah. that complacence really kills. Same story here.

I'm so glad you have such a trustworthy doc. Same here fortunately. Mine is gay actually which I think may help him in some way as he well knows how it feels to be labelled in society. Or maybe he is just caring generally. For some reason I feel very comfortable with him (that makes my wife jeallous :H just joking).

I mean if your liver enzymes are ok an everythin, I dont' see a reason (other then financially as well), to stop for quite a while. I mean you could continue for a year and see how you fell?

My doc was reluctant tho to subscribe for more then 6 months for some reason.
              AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Well, Saturday morning here. After a few good days, i decided to fall off the wagon. Have a headache today, but will try to re-affirm the importance of sobriety.

How to say 'no' to the friends, that is the problem. Esp. when they organise something over at my house and i don't really want to do it. Got to put my food down :yuk:

Hope everyone's doing fine!
                One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

((hugs))

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Thanks Ringing Cedars, did some things i am not proud of. Back to the drawing board..
                    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Hang in there Change. In a month you'll look back and think, well that was a once off experience
                      AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Morning Guys!

You all gave me some super great advice yesteday regarding Antabuse, Thank You so much for taking the time to care! It means alot to me.

No drinking for me today, have to go to work, and then spend alot of time on here reading and posting. I know I have been rather NEEDY lately. I hope to be on the other side GIVING and not being so Needy real soon!
                        I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X