Saturday Morning and no hangover.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well its Saturday morning here and it's the first Saturday in a very very long time that I feel clear headed, not hung over and really feel like doing something today despite the rain. It feels great. All I need to do is try my hardest to take this feeling on board every time I feel like a drink. It's just that as the days go on this feeling gets to be a very distant memory which in turn makes the poison look better. I'll just keep being strong.
    Can anyone tell me if it gets easier if I manage to last a couple of months or is the cravings still intense?? I also keep beer in the fridge for the soul purpose to be able to look at it and want to be strong enough to say I don't want it, or is that a silly idea and maybe get rid of it??

DUMP IT!!!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Absolutely! Get rid of it now! Why make it any harder than it has to be. And yes, it really really does get easier. I would have been the last person to believe that but it does.

Comment

Consider it DUMPED

Comment

Yeah good advice from mama and good you took action matho61. I recognized myself in your first post in this thread. I call it "my trap" I get off the booze and then I feel so damn good I think I can have a little and it won't bother me. WRONG. I did this over and over for years. scary, but hopefully behind me.
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hey Math, I am glad that you are sober, and enjoying a hangover, free day. Keep up the great work. For me, I did find that the cravings got less and less. The first month was the worst, the second tough, and then the third much better. I was taught, here by others, that urges are llike waves. You know they will come, some are larger than others, last longer or shorter, but they do pass. Knowing this, has given me great power over them. Urge surfing was key for me. All the best,
            Hill
            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

I love my mornings now.

I love having white eyes in the morning, rather than looking in the mirror wondering whether other people notice.

I love the tang of good coffee, and fresh cinnamon.

I love the birds, and the light and walking out the door at 5:30 and smelling the air before everyone else is up.

I'm inspired now. Off to bed. It's going to be a great sober weekend.

Comment

:goodjob: It absolutely gets better and better everyday! No doubt about it, much BETTER, you're doing great, stick with it!
                AF since April 19, 2010
                NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
                -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Hi Matho

Get rid of the beer - wine is my poison and if I had some in the house and in the wrong frame of mind - well I reckon I'd hit it. I'm early days like you and it is hard. I live just round the corner from you - same suburb. Small world hey!

Hang in there you are doing great.

Comment

Matho61;870549 wrote: Well its Saturday morning here and it's the first Saturday in a very very long time that I feel clear headed, not hung over and really feel like doing something today despite the rain. It feels great. All I need to do is try my hardest to take this feeling on board every time I feel like a drink. It's just that as the days go on this feeling gets to be a very distant memory which in turn makes the poison look better. I'll just keep being strong.
                    Can anyone tell me if it gets easier if I manage to last a couple of months or is the cravings still intense?? I also keep beer in the fridge for the soul purpose to be able to look at it and want to be strong enough to say I don't want it, or is that a silly idea and maybe get rid of it??
                    Mornings mate.

Fantastic feeling isn't it?!! Waking up hangover free?!

The cravings (for me) are a lot better and it's only every so often I have to deal with them now.

Do get rid of the AL tho. That might just be your AL mind tricking you and setting youup for failure.
                    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Well there you go aussie nurse. We may of passed each other a dozen times at Watergardens shops. Thanks for the encouragment.

Comment

G'day Matho, and a big warm welcome to you!

Great going on a hangover free day. Hope you'll choose for tomorrow to be hangover free too.
                        There's a great thread here if you haven't seen it yet, called the 'Toolbox' thread. It's full of tip's, info, idea's, and inspiration for those early day's off the turp's. You'll find it in the 'monthly abstinence' section. This is a great site, and full of good folk's, and useful info. You'll most likely see yourself in many other's stories. I know i did. You're not alone, as i'm sure you're finding out.
                        p.s. there are a quite a few other Aussies on a thread called 'Underoo's and friend's' in the General section, so feel free to drop in and say hello, if you think that might be useful support for you. You too Aussie nurse.

Best wishes, G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Well done on dumping the beer Matho and I'm with you its a fantastic feeling having no Saturday hangovers :goodjob: This could be a new thread for all :l
                          Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Panno;870743 wrote: I'm with you its a fantastic feeling having no Saturday hangovers :goodjob: This could be a new thread for all :l
                            I think hangover free Saturday mornings are just the most fantastic times of the week!! I never stop feeling grateful for them as the weeks go on and I hope I never will. I just drove passed my local bar after walking the dog and the debris from last night was still visible together with abandoned cars etc, a visit to facebook then revels a mountain of suffering individuals who can hardly remember last night but have the embarassing photos plastered on the home page as a reminder..... yes these were the days my friends :H
                            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                            AF - JAN 1st 2010
                            NF - May 1996

Comment

well its saturday afternoon now for me, and i love not having a hangover and all the shit that goes with it. ive messed up twice recently and still feeling a bit poo from that, but im so glad that im not in that crappy place today. love the sober life
                              Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                              Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Working...
                              X