Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Sat 29th May

Good morning ODAT'ers

And a good morning it is - other than our British weather!! Rain, rain and more rain :upset:

Had an great day yesterday and stayed sober (pat on my back ) I can honestly say it was alot easier than I ever thought it would be, there was a couple of times I thought mmm a nice glass of wine, but quickly went off and did something else or went in the house and put the kettle on - we put ourselves under so much pressure beforehand when there is a function to go to with AL around and yet we clearly don't need to, I am really beginning to learn there is more than enough distractions and things to enjoy to get through these days. Its so great waking up after an event with no hangover and knowing you had a good time.

Have a great day everyone :l
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

ODAT Sat 29th May

That's really good, congratulations Panno
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

ODAT Sat 29th May

Morning Panno and Change, Well done Panno, yep a lot of it is in our heads and also associating alcohol with stuff. Every time we distance ourselves from booze it is another 'learned experience' on how to deal with day to day stuff without.
      Have a nice morning everyone, hubbies birthday today so I have to go off and be nice I suppose!
      Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

ODAT Sat 29th May

panno, thats fantastic. as you say you can enjoy the event and know you've enjoyed it and have the big fat juicy bonus of no hangover
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

ODAT Sat 29th May

Thank You

Thank you for posting this Panno, it's just what I was looking for when I logged in. Day 3 for me and there is a big family celebration tonight. Wish I could look forward to it ( though of course I am putting a face on). I so want to get to Day 4 so I will keep thinking about what you wrote when the poison starts flowing.:thanks:

Comment

ODAT Sat 29th May

Hi everyone

Quite on the boards today. Good luck tonight Dinnysis, it helps to have a plan, maybe you could drive? That got me out of it numerous times. However, I could moderate outside, it was the drinking at home that got me in real trouble!!

Hope you all have a great week-end.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT Sat 29th May

Happy Saturday everyone! Panno, nice job keeping busy and staying away from the wine. In my short time so far, I've learned the only thing I can control is my actions - my head still has a mind of it's own, literally ;-)
              "I will restore to you the years that the locust has eaten"
              AF since June 24, 2011

Comment

ODAT Sat 29th May

Soflo my head also still thinks it can do as it pleases!! Tough getting through this afternoon so had tea and more tea - can you get addicted to that :H but got through it with sheer determination and glad to report day 6 AF almost over with. Off to bed soon with a good book, the Eurovision song contest is on tv and that is enough to make anyone turn to the bottle :H:H

Dyn hope the evening went well :l
                Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

ODAT Sat 29th May

Duck Race

Hey Spuds tomorrows festivities in the village is the duck race, what you wearing I will look out for you

Comment

ODAT Sat 29th May

Hey Guyz.

Panno, very well done. I know it's particularly tough for you this weekend so how great for you to be doing so well still!!!

Been busy today so glad to be able to stick my head in here now finally
                    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT Sat 29th May

Panno;871200 wrote: Hey Spuds tomorrows festivities in the village is the duck race, what you wearing I will look out for you
                      yeaaaah...quack quack quack.... ill be the one paddling at the back. weve got pantomime horse racing here. its hilarious..... i have a sneaky feeling there is something a little tipsy in the hay bags. there is also cutest pony competition and other fun stuff. used to be an excuse to drink... no no no.... not this time. its in the field just opposite me so it would be rude not to go for a giggle
                      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

ODAT Sat 29th May

Wait, wait - 11:42pm ET, not to late to say heck ya, happy to be AF for another day! See y'all tomorrow.
                        "I will restore to you the years that the locust has eaten"
                        AF since June 24, 2011

Comment

Working...
                        X