Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a Quote for the Day type of thing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ran across this this morning - it was a signature/byline on a post on a Totally different site (having to do with computer art, etc.)... but I thought it a rather interesting way to look at things:

"Sometimes you're allowed to suffer so that when someone else is going through the same thing they have someone to talk to.
    Compassion is key, mercy a need, grace a gift, and love a requirement in order to heal the world."

I can't attribute it to anyone. It may be something the person posting wrote, or a quote they found... but they didn't say who wrote it.

:h
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Thank you Sav - I love this.

I have a good friend who I recently confided in re my drinking and she felt she had let me down as a friend by not realizing what i was going through, I tried to explain that it was ok and that I had the most tremendous support from you guys. I didnt want to hurt her feelings but she can never understand because she hasnt been through it. Your quote perfectly illustrates this....
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

What struck me about the quote was it gave a possible explanation about Suffering, in general.

I think that's one of the first questions people, seeking God, want to know: WHY IS THERE SUFFERING?

Can there really be any PURPOSE to it?

And... this may be at least One purpose...
      Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Hi Savon... My dear friend and yes, I truly mean that.

This just occured to me... Its along the same lines. I know we both share a faith in God.

James 5:16
        "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."

Im pretty sure sins in this case, also means hurts, habits, addictions, in general pain. Jesus said we should also pray for one another.
        I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Sav - I see what you are saying, before I thought suffering was about learning and experiencing contrasts but this adds "serving others" to its meaning... wow
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Deep thought for the day too

Would there be growth if there was no suffering? Suffering is part of the human experience I believe, and part of Gods plan. Perhaps our suffering is just part of the bigger plan in which He already knows the outcome.

Comment

EXACTLY, Chill! That's what I was trying to add to the pot.

...and, Yes, overit... we ARE friends! (However, I'm NOT sure if I can qualify as "righteous", so you'll have to settle for Me praying for you.. !!!)

Comment

Great quote/s Savon,
                I find going through hell, suffering etc.. makes us stronger.. and from these experiences, we have learnt.. and can help others to get through similar things.. that's the main reason this site works so well!
                Katie xx
                "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Sav,
                  I'm with you on this one - I could never qualify as 'righteous'. In fact, I think I take offense to the term. I have always seen a certain arrogance in righteousness. I mean, how can someone be so SURE they know everything and are so right to be righteous? Can a person be so SURE that he/she will never need anyone else or ever make their own error that they can afford to be righteous?
                  Some people suffer all their lives and never come out of it. What good does that serve? Make the righteous people feel better about themselves? Feel superior?
                  I believe that righteousness is a cruel, evil thing.
                  My thoughts.
                  AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

And what is 'right' for one, isn't necessarily 'right' for another.
                    My past suffering had bloody well better be helping someone else, Lord! :H

Thank's Savon.

:h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

If there were no suffereing, no evil in this world, wouldnt that be called Nirvana or Heaven?

Anyways, I think righteous can mean different things. I certainly am NOT a righteous person, I've done many many bad things and I definately have a drinking problem! I could go on and on with this one! And trust me, I am FAR from knowing everything, but I do have opinions and views on things.

And since I attend church WITH Savon, That is how I would feel comfortable talking about her already known faith in God and put in a Bible passage relating to this topic.

Comment

Well, your suffering with your drinking problem has led you here Guitar, so your suffering HAS helped many others here, I am sure of that!

Personally, I feel that ALOT of my own suffering has done with my poor choices and decisions, and that suffering is the consequence of those bad choices. In many situations, we always have a choice. I just choose to make the wrong ones alot, so therefore, I am here to learn how to NOT make such bad choices to CAUSE me suffering.

O

Comment

OverIt2007;872200 wrote: Well, your suffering with your drinking problem has led you here Guitar, so your suffering HAS helped many others here, I am sure of that!

Personally, I feel that ALOT of my own suffering has done with my poor choices and decisions, and that suffering is the consequence of those bad choices. In many situations, we always have a choice. I just choose to make the wrong ones alot, so therefore, I am here to learn how to NOT make such bad choices to CAUSE me suffering.

O
                          Here here! I have caused most my own suffering too overit.. and made numerous stupid choices in life.. "life is not a rehersal" - sometimes I wish it was! if i knew today what i knew when i was younger, i wouldnt be dealing with an awful ex-hubby and got myself into some terrible situations.. i truly wish i could have another go from the start.. but we have to learn and try not to make the same mistakes again..
                          "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on." - Robert Bloch
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Richard Bach Quotes

A couple that seems fitting:

Here is a test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: If you're alive, it isn't.

Ask yourself the secret of your success. Listen to your answer, and practice it.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                              X