Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Monday 31st May 2010

Hey everyone,

Just thought I better re-start this ODAT thread seeing as I wrote the wrong day at the top of the original one! - sorry if I confused anyone..
    I'm back to be on track! My depression of the last two weeks following the court case is finally lifting.. I have managed to refocus (in part thanks to all your wonderful posts to my threads).
    I am determined to go AF for as long as I can.. and I am giving up smoking again.. I have one cig left, then have 2 packs of nicorette gum on standby!
    My ex is going to mediation today, to see the same person I saw last week.. she knows what he has been doing so hopefully she can talk some sense into him (fingers crossed..)
    Anyway, have a fab AF day all, back to Day 2 for me today, hi to all that follow...
    Katie xxx
    "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Good morning,

Katie, glad to hear such a positive step in your post. I think you have weathered this last episode with your ex very well. Not easy at all.

I am on day 22, and have no reservation about turning back. However I have noticed that as the AL retreats from my life, the issues which motivated much of my drinking are unable to hide from the sunlight. Sort of like the expression, when the tide goes out you know who has been swimming naked. Perhaps I am muddling my metaphors. Not entirely sure what to do about the situation. Giving up AL only involves changing me. Enough!

Anyway, have a lovely AF holiday Monday to those who have a Bank holiday or Memorial Day, if not then enjoy the first day of an AF week!
    While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

well done Katie.

Comment

not tonight - :H:H:H - that's a great metaphor (not sure if muddled but it makes sense..) - basically showing without the cover of AL, is revealing your true reasons to hide behind the bottle.. this is a time for self-growth! I am sending you strength.. only without AL can we learn to be the people we are "meant" to be, and will make us stronger in the end..
        Thank you anon,
        Katie xx
        "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Morning Odaters.

Morning Katie!! So glad you're feeling better.
          Been out and about and am only checking in again this morning. So hope everyones been doing great.

You really sound determined to tackle the beast again Katie. That is fantastic.

Have a great day everyone. Be blessed.
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Good morning everyone

Well done Katie, great to see you more upbeat. You will succeed.

Another beautiful morning. Have walked the doggies and watered the garden. Now off to face the dreaded housework.

Rustop

Comment

Hi everyone

Glad to hear the depression is lifting Katie.

Not tonight - makes sense to me...Well done on getting to Day 22 too.

I managed to get to the end of day 3. My temptation was that I go to weight watchers on Monday night and if I lose weight I celebrate by buying 1 or 2 bottles of wine on the way home. Well not tonight, I did lose weight, but I just drove straight home, flicked the kettle on and had a decaf coffee before the wine urge could take over. And it did pass.

See you all tomorrow

Comment

Hi Everyone

Well been a little bit quiet today because like a bloody fool I succumed to the AL YET AGAIN!!!

I was pondering wether I should write it or just let it go but if I really want to beat this on its head I figured its best to be honest with myself.

I'm back to day 1 again and like the previous times I know I can do day 1 - 7 and feel really good as is getting quite the norm but I really need to make a plan to get passed that 7th day!

Glad everyone is doing well, whatever you do ride those urges and don't pick that first glass up!! Keep strong

Luv P x
                Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Yep Panno, definitely better to write it down.

I'm with you I have never made it past day 10.

Glad you came in and started again.

Comment

Working...
                  X