Need Some Encouragement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Some Encouragement

I posted here several months ago when I started my AF Journey. Since January 1st things have been so wonderful. I have gotten over many hurdles and stress in my life with the clarity being AL free can give you. In the process I have lost 42 pounds and gained self respect. However, last night I fell into the trap where one tells oneself "A little wine won't make a difference. I am doing so well I deserve a drink". Now I am reminded why I stopped. I split a 1/2 liter of red wine with my husband (I drank more than him) and a beer that has been in the fridge for months. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling sick and guilty. In the morning I slept on the couch while my three year old watched tv and played. This is exactly why I quit! I can't live like that. I feel unhealthy and lazy.
    I am taking this slip as a reminder and lesson. I just CAN'T go back!! I'm kind of scared I've stimulated the addiction though. Anyone else been through this and gotten through it alright? Am I doomed?

Need Some Encouragement

Hi Newgirl well done to begin with, first with going all that time without AL and secondly coming straight back here when you needed to. No way will this be the beginning of an AL life you soon picked up on why you stopped in the first place. Remember its alway ODAT and just jump right back on board and keep being strong.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Need Some Encouragement

Hi Newgirl,

No you are not doomed. It's a process, and you don't have to to go back. Glad you are here, keep posting and reading, stay hydrated. You can/are beating this thing
      While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Need Some Encouragement

Newgirl I have done that myself. You will be OK. Just get refocused on the positives that the AF newgirl had. You described it beautiful. Like you, I have fallen into that mindset. Being AF for a period feeling wonderful so a glass of wine or a beer. Never worked for me.
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
        X