Very Frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Frustrated

I haven't posted for quite awhile. It seems like my life has absolutely been nothing but chaotic. It I am not having problems with my job then I am either having problems with my home or my son. I just feel like I have no where to turn lately without some kind of issue. I don't handle stress well to begin with, but this is all to overwhelming. I haven't been af for quite awhile and I just hate how things are in my life. Everything feels like it is unmanageable without a drink and I have been feeling so upset and afraid. I haven't been putting problem first i have been using as a escape to handle the stress in my life. I feel so alone and frustrated.

Very Frustrated

Hi Rosepetal & welcome back. I hope you're back to make the effort to go AF!? I know for me that my life was unmanageable WITH a drink. I say give it a go again. Stay with us there are so many hands to help you. I know you can find some peace and control in your life again. John
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Very Frustrated

Hi Rosepetal, welcome back, so glad you are here. AL enhances loneliness and despair, and erodes confidence. Take it ODAT and share with us what ever you feel comfortable with. We are here to help.

glad your back!
      While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Very Frustrated

Hi Rosepetal. I'm also in the camp that used to think AL "relieved stress" or something like that. I look back now and realize that AL was the CAUSE of a lot of my problems - certainly not the solution for anything. It's amazing, but when we finally rid ourselves of AL, life really does get better. Maybe not perfect, but better. I hope you can join us in saying NO to AL one day at a time.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Very Frustrated

Hi Rosepetal,
          Drinking will only add to your problems! With the physical symptoms of hangover if you drink too much, from upsetting your brain chemistry.. AL will not help you at all.. its great to have you here.. let us know how we can help you work through your issues.. It sounds like you really need a break and have been very hard on yourself.. you need to take some time out for yourself, do something/s you enjoy (not involving AL of course!) - also have you considered seeing a counsellor? or if you feel depressed, maybe a GP for some anti-depressants, mine have helped me heaps.. (my anti-depressants and my therapist!) - counselling is a great place to go to learn alternative methods of coping skills, with all aspects of life, that don't revolve around taking a substance.. my counsellor has suggested meditation numerous times, but I have yet to do this myself, but that is something else you could try, and we are here for you too.. all the best,
          Katie xxx
          "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Working...
          X