I'm not coping..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not coping..

Hi Katie, hang in there. Only you know what is going to work for you. Every person here is diffrent and we all change and handle things diffrently. What might work for one person could send another into a tail spin. You are doing great. I'm with you, tough love seems to have the opposite effect on me.
    Sober since 4/8/10 -OVER 150 DAYS AND GOING AF!!!!

Get busy livin or get busy dyin-Duane Peters
    No more bad future-Skull Skates

Comment

I'm not coping..

Whoohoo KatieB! You can do it. We're all here for you!
      Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
      AF since 04th May 2010
      Fell overboard on the 8th July!
      My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
      :crazymonkey:

Comment

I'm not coping..

Anyone heard from KatieB??????
        Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down - Eat Them Alive

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

I'm not coping..

katie...i have not posted here but i agree with most of the comments and concerns....
          just know i am here for you
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I'm not coping..

Hi Katie,
            I am so happy to see that your counselor is offering to help you to find Your Way Out! Reading your posts over the past 3 months prompted me to finally post to you. There was no "judgment in my post", what I had been observing was that all the "Well wishes and I'm here for you's" might have felt good for a moment, but in the long run, you were sinking further and further into depression and yes, alcohol.

Katie B, you have so much going for you. Quite obviously you are a very smart women. You have an education (you are a nurse), you have a young son that you obviously love and adore. You have so much to gain by getting your life together. I know you can do it!

Yes, we all think we know what we need, but when we are drinking to excess, our minds become so clouded by the alcohol. We are in denial, we are angry, we tend to blame others and we believe that "others" are the problem. We live in the "If Only" mindset. If only I had more money. If only my partner would........ If only others would behave in a certain way.......If only...... But the fact is, If Only We would Take Charge of our own lives, and stop drinking away our feelings, Life does get so much better and more managable!! Just be patient in your journey.....30, 60 and 90 days AF is great, but the true rewards come further along the journey. I am still living in wonder of how different my life is today compared to 2 years ago and even one year ago!

Wishing you success and much happiness!
            KateH
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I'm not coping..

Perfectly stated Kate
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I'm not coping..

Thank you Kate and Mama B and to everyone else.. I obviously need to help myself.. and soon.. before I lose my life; son, work, house.. I cannot stop getting drunk, I think rehab is going to have to be the way for me.. i cannot cope, i am not coping.. mainly b/c of my ex.. he is so horrible to me - i had been so strong, but since he got away with the assault he is cocky, arrogant and abusive as he gets away with it.. i cannot go on like this.. i am falling apart..
                "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Working...
                X