Found a Great Website...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a Great Website...

Stumbled upon this website, Lots of good advice, information... Ect...

I particularly like the 8 reasons to quit drinking. I know many of these have already been said before, but worth a look again!!

8 Reasons to Stop Drinking Alcohol | You Can Stop Drinking Now

Also, Go to left-hand side to "Drunk at Office Party" Its freaking HILLARIOUS!!!

O
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Found a Great Website...

Thanks for the link Overit. I held my breath reading this article. I suspect many here can identify. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/05/he...brod.html?_r=1

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Found a Great Website...

good stuff!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Found a Great Website...

Thanks for both. overit, I especially love the picture of the spilt wine glass and the woman's dead hand. One more thing I do not miss about AL, Spilling drinks all over the table!
        While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Found a Great Website...

Thats a very good read, Thank you Doggygirl!

Recently I posted about that lady Diane Schuler? The one that killed 7 people? She was also a very high up executive and all of her family and friends said they had "no idea" that she had a drinking problem. Well, the problem came out in the van with 4 dead children and Diane herself with a broken Absolute bottle. She had drank over 10 shots of vodka. Im just saying, the high functioning alcoholic can be very very mysterious, but dangerous!

Your welcome, Not tonight

Comment

Found a Great Website...

I agree, overit: GREAT website!! It will go in my favorites. But it's a bit scary to read, too. A lot of Reality goin' on.

Thanks, friend!

:thumbs:
            Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Found a Great Website...

DG do you have part II of that article?
              AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Found a Great Website...

Yes, Thank you Doggygirl for that added article, I read the whole thing.

Yes, very interesting, and very frighting! I got chills to think of a surgeons shaking hands during surgery! Oh Lord.

The lady that killed all those people, including 4 children in her family was a high up executive. Diane Schulers family and friends, the whole community was stunned when they pulled a Absolut bottle along with the bodies of Diane and 4 kids.

At my work, I see alot of abuse as well, as I have mentioned before. Its the norm for many doctors, lawyers, judges, ect.. to have perhaps wayy too many martinis.

If I sound judgemental, I am not meaning to. I am NOT a high functioning alcoholic. When I drink it takes me down and I am NON functioning pretty much.

Comment

Working...
                X