another newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another newbie

:new: i as yous will quess im new here, i have been following my husband and i have been drinking nearly every day since the yr 04 the reason i know the yr is because thats when my mum died, on the 3rd oct my husband has been going to a clinic as a day patient getting detoxed and i can count how many relapses there has in one hand, so with him doing this as helped me extremley, i know its not my husbands fault that i drink along with him, i just enjoyed it at the beginning then we started to fight cause we hated what we were doing to the kids.

finding this brd will help me alot, john is getting help at the clinic and being able to talk about his problem, but he doent think i need to and also he was scared to tell people i have a problem incase we got the kids taken away from us, also i didnt drink as much as him, but in head for a women i was drinking far too much.

:thanks:

ally

another newbie

Welcome

Hi Ally,

I am new myself, but did you find that there was something that triggered your drinking? In any case, I am hoping you and I both will be able to overcome the battle of alcohol. I remember what it was like to be sober and feel good every day and I have hit a point that I want that back in my life. Have found most people have a tough time with alcohol, and if they let it go too long it soon controls them.

Comment

another newbie

Welcome Newbie

Hey Allie, Welcome...

It's hard to be around a mate that drinks. You both feed off of each other and when you are both trying to heal it makes it harder to be a strong support for each other. Try to find a support system outside of your local world. "YOU" need to help yourself so that you can be there for your children.

They may remember you when you drank...but I believe they will remember that you did the right things to take care of the problem. You have an opportunity to teach your children what a person of honor does when faced with a difficult situation. Good luck
      Every man has the right to tend to his garden.

Comment

Working...
      X