Day 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 4

This is my day 4 AF. I was able to moderate, (1-2 glasses of wine a day) with just the supplements but the doc wanted me to abstain for 2 months He asked me what would persuade me. "Topomax" was my response. I eventually got the drug on Friday and that was a good job, as the day had been hoorendous with me pining for wine almost as soon as I got into work (which is somehing I never do.) at 11am

When I returned home, I hadn't planned on taking any T till the next day but my body said otherwise. The result, (as in the MWO book) was almost instantaneous!! i got busy with chores and forot I wanted anything to drink. I had a hard time believing it!! The next day i took it at lunch time, as before, a 1/2 dose of 12.5 mg but wasn't too happy when the evening 'wine time' arrived. i took another Kudzu, put on the subliminal cd and found the craving dissipating. Yesterday i was invited out round friends where i knew that alcohol would be avail, but even seeing bottles of wine that had been recorked didn't tempt me. i made my self a TNG, (Tonic No Gin) and is something that I'm looking forward to having to night whilst sitting out on my balcony reading I'm sleeping better than i have in years and I'm exhausted Go figure

Day 4

I like the 'TNG' had it myself last night. I think I've had every sort of soft drink and even tried de-alcoholised wine (horse P). I'm on day eight and everything is getting easier.
    Things do feel different, has to be expected I guess, when you throw away your crutches.
    The positive is that when you get your balance again it's much easier to get around in the World.

Comment

Day 4

kslc that was exactly the way i reacted to topamax. The first dose and I noticed a diminished urge to pick up a drink. I'm close to six months on the med now and doing well on only 50mg/day. With the l-glut and kudzu I feel I can maintain this level. Keep in touch as I do not interact with too many topa members. I wish you all the best!
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Day 4

Well done on day 4. I remember bein there. Only thing is i haven't been able to get all the supplements and medicines etc. But i did give my life to God. And i believe He's helped me. Cause i'm on 36 or 37days now. Good luck with your journey. You're doin awesome!
        Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
        AF since 04th May 2010
        Fell overboard on the 8th July!
        My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
        :crazymonkey:

Comment

Working...
        X