My Grey Eyes Are Turning Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The photo is indeed a great idea chillgirl. Tomorrow in the daylight I'll do the same thing. Maybe it would be a practical thing for everyone.

Comment

Well done BH on day 9 its tough starting out but the benefits of being af are worth strivin g for. I'm on day 14 and i had some cravings but i keot busy and i started taking 1000mg of L-glut. Not sure if its working yet but i'l try anything that helps. My skin looks better already my eyes are clearer and i have lost 4 ibs of what must have bin alcoholic bloat lol. Its long time since i got past 2 wks but i'm hopefull and just taking it one day at a time. Gud luck to all on our journey whatever stage you are at.

:l

Comment

Blue Heeler;881772 wrote: Only into my ninth day. Not much of an achievement yet...but it will be.
        Looked in the mirror this morning and 'Lo and behold' - my eyes are turning blue again.
        For years they have been as grey as the seas round Skara Brae (where my family comes from)
        This is part of my adventure and I knew it would happen. What next? I'm still excited.
        I'm thinking 'keep the hammer down Blue' it's only going to get better.
        Good Luck to all my fellow travellers.
        AWESOME POST MATE!!! So positive. That'll encourage me for the day.

It's all these little details that count!! You keep doing it! 9days AF way to go!!
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Gaia;881856 wrote: Hi Blue Eyes!

Have you noticed that the whites of your eyes are whiter? The rims of the irises are clearer? Is your tongue pinker? No more white paste on the back?

Now look at your nails. If there was a whitish or pasty hue on the thumbs, you can see it going away as your kidneys and liver get back into shape. The moons will return, and be clear around the edges.

Turn to the skin on your face. Does it have more color? Is it smoother, clearer?

How about your feet and toes? Do they look leaner and bonier than you remember? Are you toes thinner? Do you see your achilles tendon and ankle bones better?

Just a few small things I've noticed...
          Wow! I'm excited to see what changes that I wasn't expecting that will come about!

Comment

By the way, I'm new here! *big wave and a smile*

I'm only on "Day One"- so I know I have some hard times ahead and some work to do. Am terribly excited and looking forward to the benefits though! Have LOADS of support too, so I'm definitely fortunate in that regard.

Glad you are all here for support as well

Comment

Thanks johnnyh,Guitarista, Fox and Birdie.
              I didn't expect the change to show up this quickly. I'm delighted it has. Now, not only will I be wealthier but I'll be pretty too. And all the while these last 9 days...I've been sailing...

Comment

Good one BH. Glad to see you are noticing a difference - really makes it worthwhile. Even better is that you will continue to feel and look better every single day. You think you look good after 9 days?Wait until it's 9 weeks.:goodjob:

Comment

UKB...I will have to buy some new gear, maybe start shaving every day?
                  I've already made my first move in that direction. I bought some new pyjamas yesterday, not Pierre Cardin unfortunately, only supermarket Chinese...but they're great, and warm and I can walk about the house without frightening my cats.
                  Mmmm...food for thought. I wonder what else might be possible.

Comment

Birdiegirl;882006 wrote: By the way, I'm new here!

I'm only on "Day One"- so I know I have some hard times ahead and some work to do. Am terribly excited and looking forward to the benefits though! Have LOADS of support too, so I'm definitely fortunate in that regard.
                    :welcome: Birdiegirl - Day one is better than day 0!! So glad you found us, lots of great support here, check out https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for some great tips :l
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

Blue Heeler;882089 wrote: UKB...I will have to buy some new gear, maybe start shaving every day?
                      I've already made my first move in that direction. I bought some new pyjamas yesterday, not Pierre Cardin unfortunately, only supermarket Chinese...but they're great, and warm and I can walk about the house without frightening my cats.
                      An early 60's XP Ford coupe, with a fully worked 289, and convertible roof!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Blue Heeler;882089 wrote: UKB...I will have to buy some new gear, maybe start shaving every day?
                        Blue - I laughed so hard reading this my cheeks hurt! (The epitome of haute couture: the cat isn't startled.)
                        Coco

Comment

Patrice - I had red splotches on my face while drinking and an overall red tone. I looked horrible! 5 months AF and my skin is really nice again. I can almost get away with no makeup. Also, I have been eating extremely healthy and taking supplements and have lost 43 lbs. These changes are so motivating to me. Today my dad told me he really notices the weight loss in my face! The physical changes make it worth it to me. I never want to look like that again.

Comment

NewGirl2010;882485 wrote: Patrice - I had red splotches on my face while drinking and an overall red tone. I looked horrible! 5 months AF and my skin is really nice again. I can almost get away with no makeup. Also, I have been eating extremely healthy and taking supplements and have lost 43 lbs. These changes are so motivating to me. Today my dad told me he really notices the weight loss in my face! The physical changes make it worth it to me. I never want to look like that again.
                            So true NG. Amen!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi Blue! Awesome that you are on Day 10 now? And noticing such positive changes. Definitely take some pictures - you will be amazed!

Post #85 in this thread has a picture taken one week after I stopped drinking and then again about 5 months later. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8...e-9-13043.html

Life keeps getting better and better.

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Doggygirl;882641 wrote: Hi Blue! Awesome that you are on Day 10 now? And noticing such positive changes. Definitely take some pictures - you will be amazed!

Post #85 in this thread has a picture taken one week after I stopped drinking and then again about 5 months later. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8...e-9-13043.html

Life keeps getting better and better.

DG
                                DG - WOW, i just looked at the photos, I would never have believed that was the same person! Absolutely amazing and you are absolutely beautiful on the inside and out! Im so proud of you :l
                                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                                NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                                X