Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Wed 9th June

Hey ODAT family....
    I have missed this thread too!! Welcome Amber......
    Be strong Over it!!! I am sorry for the sweet little boy, and I agree that he will be in Jesus' arms!!
    I AM HUNGRY FOR A BACON SANDWICH....DARN IT!!
    kisses to all
    good morning sweet Johnny and Panno!!!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

Heya mama...

Nice to 'see' you. Also happens seldomly these days

That bacon sandwich would DEFINATELY go down well now

How are you Mama. Getting some AF time under your belt?
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

yeah...some....but still a work in progress!!!!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

mama bear;882257 wrote: yeah...some....but still a work in progress!!!!
          Hey.. It never stops being. We all are work in progress Every second AF counts.

You working too hard again?!
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

Bacon Sarnies all round tomorrow, promise :h

Hi Mama miss you we will get there one day
            Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

Panno;882263 wrote: Bacon Sarnies all round tomorrow, promise :h
              Be careful what you promise. I have a memory like an elephant when it comes to food :H
              AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

johnnyh;882266 wrote: Be careful what you promise. I have a memory like an elephant when it comes to food :H
                You didn't want my fish tho did you :upset:
                Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

'Catch' you later .... flipping work!!

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

Good morning everyone, just came back from being away for sometime and going on day 3 af for me. I really need this place, seeing almost everyone around me drinks and they don't think I need to quit, but I know I do. I keep thinking to myself that life always will have its ups and downs and the only thing that al is going to do is give me more downs and turn my ups upside down, if that makes any sense. Sorry for rambling looking forward to another af day.

Have a happy af day!
                    Twosox

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

Soooo Many of us today on Day 3!!! Lets make SURE we all get to Day 4.. DEAL???????
                      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

DEAL!!!

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

That's a good way of looking at it Two sox. And wel done for the 3days AF. You're on the right track there definately.

I know it's very, very difficult to quite when you're sorounded by ppl who drink. If they're problem drinkers as well the reality is that you might have to sort yourself out first before you help them sort out yourself because the realtionship is going to damage you.

If they're not you might still try and stay away for a while or at least those occasions where there is lots of booze flowing. It's just going to make it tougher for you otherwise.

People are trying to convince me to drink as well at these things. I've been strong but tempted everytime and know I won't let myself be exposed to that situation too often. Because eventually i'm just not going to be strong enough I'm afraid.

Well done for the 3 days and keep doing what you're doing.
                          AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

Panno... Catch me a proper Snoek and I'll eat it
                            AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

Thanks johnnyh, not always easy, espcially when some of them are family members and usually come to my house for a few, I live on a lake and we usually sit at the end of the dock drinking, but I am choosing not to take part anymore, I will have my tonic water and lime.

Have to go to work now have a great one,
                              Twosox

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

Have a great day Twosox.

Try not to visualise this romantic side of the AL though. We get caught up in that so quickly the cold beer on the hot day... the drinks on a lake at the end of the dock... the champagne to celebrate an anniversary or in the hot tub. the red wine in front of the fire.

that's how this beast works. We forget so quickly why we felt we needed to put a stop to our drinking in the first place... excessive drinking, often till pass out, every day, the morning after... the things we said when we were drunk... or hungover the next day... etc. etc.

I hear you loud and clear though. It isn't difficult. I have family like that as well.. They're actually problem drinkers themselves. But it always used to be all about the drinks around the fire bbqing... nothing without AL. Now that I have stopped drinking we have very little in common. Havn't seen them for months actually. I wouldn't know what to say to them or what to do with them and vice versa.

Tough one.
                                AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X