Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Wed 9th June

Bacon!!!

Pressed bacon burgers here for supper, Johnny! All welcome!!! Day 3 almost done, survived the visit from GF, wine for her, was not too hard not to have! The headache is the only thing I can complain about... Much to be grateful for! Thanks for the PM's! Much valued! :thanks:

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

Lots of water is my recommendation. It'll help flush out the toxins.

What's it with all the bacon today? Soon you guys are going to send me to the slaughterhouse as well? :H

Well, well done Amber for staying AF. I stayed away from drinking folks completely for the first two weeks or so. Wifey wasn't allowed to drink either. It is so difficult. So well done for your strength and courage.

Pressed Tuna/Mayo Cheese sandwiches here for dinner. mmmmm...
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

Morning All!
        I noticed a Bacon theme on this thread this morning
        The Tuna and Cheese sandwiches sound really good too! We're all just hungry right now it seems.
        Congratulations to all of you that are on day 3-4...keep up the good work, stay strong, you can do it!
        K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

Hey K,

Just on my way out so will check back later. Are you still on the Antabuse?

Have a great day. Be back later.
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

Deal Over-it looking forward to Day 4AF

Well done Amber thats great, avoiding temptation is a great step forward.

Great Toxo - day 4 here we come!!

Johnny, now on healthy free range chicken, salad and baked potatoe for dinner mmmm
            Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

Hi Johnny!
              Yep, still taking the Antabuse...day 69. It's working great. I have to admit I have forgotten to take it a couple of times, but I always get right back on it. I guess that's a good sign that it "slips my mind"....show's I'm not really focusing on it too much.
              Have a good Wednesday everyone!
              K9
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

do you take a whole tablet every day?

Yeah. if you skip it one or even two days, not issue anyways. You going to stil get one hell of a reaction a couple of days later actually. It's just a reassuring thing to start off with it in the morning or whatever time you take it. It used to be ritual for me in the morning. knowing I won't drink today. I took half a tablet every second day eventually to save some money though.

I'm so proud of you!!! You're doing FANTASTIC!!!! 69 days already!!!
                AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

Healthy food? No no no. that's not for me (though it should be)

I don't hope it's skinless chicken though? :H
                  AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

Johnnie, you put it so well in your post, not to romanticize the moment as in 'nice cold beer at bbq' etc. that's how normal drinkers can think. yep we have to think of making a show of ourselves at same bbq, being too loud, falling over, or at best just falling asleep,hub/wife cross with us, kids embarrassed - yep Johnny, got it in one!!!
                    Molly
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

Bring on Day 4!

Hi all! Day 4 for me, and a few others here! I am doing well, waiting for the bomb to explode? sleep is no problem, energy is great, still slight headache, but no big deal... I wanted to start ODAT for Thurs, but thought I will leave it for the pro's! I will check in later! Ready for the day!

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

Way to go Amber!! You're doing well! Don't worry. No bomb's going to explode. Just stick to doing what you're doing.ODAT.
                        AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

ODAT Wed 9th June

Good afternoon fellow ODAT's.

Comment

Working...
                          X